An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Essential Oils and Addiction

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by TripleD123, Mar 20, 2015.

1. TripleD123

TripleD123 Community Champion

Has anyone out their tried essential oils as a form of therapy addiction? I have recently become intrigued wit the practice of using essential oils and I know that some people absolutely swear by certain blends to treat anxiety, depression, and mental disorders. I have only just started to research and use essential oils so I am not full of knowledge on this topic but I wanted to open it up for discussion.

Do you think that essential oils can be used to treat diseases, especially addiction? They have been used for years and are now all the rage. What are your thoughts?
  2. serenity

serenity Community Champion

3. Femiluv

Femiluv Active Contributor

This is the first time I've heard about essential oils for treating anxiety, depression, etc. I will do more research into it because I am certainly willing to try it. The link by serenity above indicates that Chamomile, Jasmine, and Sage are highly recommended. This is not surprising to me at all because I've always thought of them as super potent essential oils.
  4. limgina

limgina Member

Great. I like this concept. Thank you for shearing this good concept.