An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Everyday is a new day!

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Daniel Lucky, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Daniel Lucky

Daniel Lucky Active Contributor

Many of us sometimes find ourselves dreading tomorrow, because we feel like we already know what is to come. Please start to understand that everyday is a second chance to get ourselves together. We may find it hard because of our addiction to see through all the mess that comes with it, but I am here to tell you that you can. If today was rough understand that we have tomorrow to make it better. And when we get into the routine of trying a little bit harder everyday, our strengths will grow and we'll find ourselves being able to handle life more and more each day. Lets not give up, there is hope, and it's in tomorrow. Good luck!
  2. notodrugs

notodrugs Community Listener Community Listener

That is a very positive outlook Daniel. I, myself, when stressed, hold on to the saying: "Tomorrow is another day!" And that makes me feel better. Indeed, when I wake up the next day, I feel much better than the day before. :)
    Nick W. likes this.
  3. Jen S.

Jen S. Guest

Thanks, Daniel! :)
  4. DancingLady

DancingLady Community Champion

That is great encouragement, you never have to feel defeated over the day that hasn't happened yet. If today didn't go well, try to think of what it was that lead up to the mistake and what you can do to avoid it next time. Making life changes is a process, not an overnight occurrence.
  5. Charli

Charli Community Champion

Yeah I think most people, including myself, fall into the trap of feeling too guilty and defeated over yesterday's failures that it ends up sabotaging the new day we have in front of us. If more people can be reminded that the present is all we really have and that the past is gone and all that is usually left of it is in the mind then I think more people would learn to value the present day a bit more.
  6. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Those are really nice words. :)
    Right that tomorrow is another day and anyone had a chance to make it a better tomorrow. It is nice to have a positive outlook life.
  7. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

That was very nicely put.We have to believe that tomorrow is another chance to improve on ourselves and to take the leap of faith, to rectify our faults and weaknesses and be more resolute on the decisions we have made to transform our lives for the better.
  8. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Community Champion

So true, everyday is a new day and I wish we could all wake up thinking like that, breaking with the bad past and looking for a better future.
  9. kevinkimers

kevinkimers Community Champion

If you ever seen the movie Annie you would understand what I am about to say.

Whenever my day is horrible for some odd reason that song "Tomorrow" pops into my head. Even stranger, it makes me feel better. Should try it.
  10. Krrizal

Krrizal Member

Each day, we are given the opportunity to face challenges and take on triumphs. So if you do go back down, remember than you will rise stronger than before and you will move forward.
  11. valiantx

valiantx Community Champion

Er no, everyday can imply yesterday, today, tomorrow or any day that ever or will occur; it can be new, old, same, or totally unexplainable. It's not always the experience that needs to be changed, maybe instead, it's the perspective of the observer that needs change!
  12. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Community Champion

The perspective of the observer? What do you mean by that valiant? The observer doesn't have the problem, he might be part of the solution, but it has to start from the addict, he has to want to quit.
  13. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

Yes tomorrow is another day. Another day to look forward to. Another day to make amends. Another day to make your life better. Never give up and always look towards a better tomorrow.
  14. adfnio

adfnio Community Champion

Everyone has a hard day. Nothing is perfect. All we can do is hope for a better tommorrow. That is guaranteed, a tomorrow. How we imporve on is depends on us.
  15. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84 Senior Contributor

What a nice message, I agree, I could use an attitude more like this, I need to be more positive and realise that time is a gift denied to many people so I should not waste it worrying and stressing over things that in perspective are not at all important.
  16. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I also believe that each day is a new beginning. We must live it to the fullest with no regrets. :)
  17. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

This is so true, even though I frequently need the reminder, haha. It’s all too easy to get bogged down in worries about the future, but the truth is we don’t know what’ll happen. It’s much better to look at the next day as a chance to start fresh, rather than worry about what’s to come or dwell on what’s already passed.
  18. katherine25

katherine25 Senior Contributor

I wish everyone could have an outlook on life like you do Daniel, people would find themselves in a much happier place if they did.