An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Ex-Spouse Truly in Heroin Recovery?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by kujo1968, Jul 3, 2016.

1. kujo1968

kujo1968 Member

My ex moved out of state about 3 months ago. Leaving our 3 children with me. We used to have 50/50 shared parenting, but under the circumstances I have sole parenting for them. For the first time in 3 months, she came by to visit them this past weekend. She obviously had lost maybe 30-40 pounds, and the kids and I noticed all of the needle marks on her arms. When the kids weren't around I directly asked her about them.

The reply I got was that she moved out of state to escape the heroin dealers and her addiction to heroin. And that she hadn't used since the end of April. Although she moved out of state a month before that. My oldest child snuck a few pix of her arms and I still keep wondering if the marks look like they are really over 2 months old. Still a lot of bruises. Even above her elbow, where I'd assume she'd be tying off, there were purple and yellow bruises.

Here's a link to the image of one of the pix my son took --> [​IMG] https://goo.gl/photos/WsdP7mTCU5GnghHZ8. Do these marks look more recent than from the end of April? In any event, for the best interest of the kids I am going to ensure she passes a drug test before any unsupervised parenting time. And that she can come into town to visit the kids. Since I wouldn't feel that it would be safe for them to visit her out of state. Especially since she and her boyfriend don't have their own place. They find crash pads with various relatives...
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@kujo1968... I'm very sorry that you're going through this with your ex. The marks on her arm so look a little suspect. But it's hard for me to say how old they might be.

I think you're doing the right thing by making sure she passes a drug test before having unsupervised time with the kids. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

Make sure you take good care of yourself and your children. You are the most important people in your life right now and you deserve to live a happy, healthy life.

Thanks for sharing with us.