An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Experience with Passages Substance Abuse & Addiction Treatment Center?

Discussion in 'Sober Living Homes' started by JoanMcWench, Apr 10, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Community Champion

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this treatment center. I've heard conflicting stories (depending on locations seemingly) about success in treatment. I was wondering if anyone here could give me an idea as to the in & outs of the programs or living situation. This is a popular request nowadays thanks to the commercials airing at all hours of the night. Seems to be a very low rent version of the Betty Ford.
  2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

Sober living homes are an alternative to inpatient rehab treatment. At this places you can find more freedom to move around in what should be a comfortable setting that make you feel at home.

In this place you can continue your rehab treatment prescribed by an external clinic, or this home could be an extension of a clinic itself. It depends much on the chosen location the cost and the kind of treatment you will be given.

Usually you will have the assistant of a certified counselor who lives in-house and is ready to help you cope with any situation that may emerge derived from your addiction and getting you in touch with a health care professional if needed, as in example, if you are under a withdrawal bad moment.