An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Extreme withdrawal symptoms

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by yeahand, Jan 21, 2016.

1. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@lonewolves... Let us know how you're doing today. I hope you're at least a little bit better. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Lostboy8731 and lonewolves like this.
  2. lonewolves

lonewolves Community Champion

I ended up caving after 4 days. My boyfriend and I got into a big fight and I told myself he would never be able to love me unless I surpressed my emotions with some sort of substance. I don’t know when I’ll be ready to try and quit again..
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@lonewolves Hey there. Try not to beat yourself up over this. Remember that recovery is a learned process. Think about what you can learn from this instance and dust yourself off and get back on the recovery path. And just know that we're here no matter what. Thank you for being honest here and vulnerable. We are truly rooting for you and believe in you!
    Lostboy8731, lonewolves and deanokat like this.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Go easy on yourself, @lonewolves. You can always try again when you're ready. And we're here for you, no matter what. One thing you may want to ask yourself, though: Is a relationship that requires you to use some sort of substance to suppress your emotions in order to make it work really the kind of relationship you want? Just a thought.

Sending you big hugs and hope.
    lonewolves and Dominica like this.