An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Family of Origin

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Bullwinkle, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

John Bradshaw and Eric Berne (the inner child) pioneers influencing ACoA, Coda.

I was born during WWll, my parents were descendants of the Irish and American Indians. I grew-up in Boston, Mass, specifically South Boston (Southie) which is just 1 mile away from down town Boston, but a different world than downtown Boston the center of academia. Southie is the original hood, due to the Irish being brutalized by the English (WASP) for 100’s of years, even after the Irish immigration to NYC, Philly and Boston, etc. they were still brutalized, because of their religion and they couldn’t find employment (Irish not need apply), thus poverty creates crime.

Family of origin (Bradshaw and Berne) why many like the Irish as well as other groups e.g. Italians, African slaves, don’t know why they’re anger is due to brutalization of their descendants which is past down through the generations. The Irish are the toughest people (mentally and physically) I’ve known and I know tough, for I was a world class athlete. I’ve known affluent Irish that you don’t want to mess with, especially when they’re drinking.

Here’s virtually a forgotten family of origin. Compared to other racial / ethnic groups in the USA, American Indians, Alaska Natives and Native Hawaiians, have the highest rates of alcoholism and other drug addiction, and I believe it’s due to their culture, their spirit / religion has been taken from them by so-called European Christians. As Jesus Christ said to the apostles, “what they do to the least of them, they do to me”, this is Christianity, not for the most part the European or many other brands!!
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  2. True concern

True concern Moderator

From the outside looking in I am learning...I am Christian and I realize some have problems with religion and it sucks, good intent should be the point not what religion you identify with.I don't judge anyone period and I'm no one to push any beliefs of mine on another, to each their own as long as they love one another and others are treated fairly I am all for it
  3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

I have shared on this forum, “Unless it’s injurious to others, all belief is valid. The biggest genocide in recorded history is what the Christian Europeans did to North and South American Indians. One of the reasons for this genocide was that Christian Europeans could not accept that Indian women were equal with Indian men. Their brand of Christianity believed that women were property / chattel. Those that don’t read history or are ignorant of history are bound to repeat it.
    True concern and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

I agree that without a historical record we will repeat our mistakes as a people, I am Christian in my belief however I would never harm anyone if their views were different. For me my faith is centered around love of all mankind and I am not a person who is judgemental because it is not my job to judge and as a flawed human myself I could never tell anyone to believe in me as I'm no one to believe in, I am just a caring,understanding person who tries to be helpful, and I am smart enough to realize my advice or my way is not always best but I only have the life I'm living as a reference point so again I try perhaps sometimes in vein but that's not the intention