An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Favorite Quotes

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by CryingCanary, May 12, 2016.

1. CryingCanary

CryingCanary Active Contributor

I was looking through this forum and its thread and something that was missing to me was a section in Sobriety Tips and Inspiration where you can post quotes about to inspire people. So I thought, why not make a thread myself? I know you can just Google 'quotes' and a ton will come up but it's nice to see and hear why a certain quote is someone's favorite.

OK, so I'll go first. My favorite quote ever is,
    • "Not to spoil the ending for you, but everything is going to be okay."
    To me life is very much like a book, so this quote sends the message that the ending of my book (/life) is going to be an okay one. Not great nor spectacular, just okay and that is fine with me. What I love about this is that it doesn't have to specifically be about my entire life. I apply it when I'm going through rough times as well and it's very helpful plus it lifts my spirits up.

So what's your favorite quote(s) and why?
    Donnchadh likes this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I love the quote from Anne Lamott that appears in my signature.

“Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up.” --Anne Lamott
    Donnchadh likes this.
  3. cammy

cammy Member

"emancipate yourself from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds"
    -Bob Marley
    Donnchadh and deanokat like this.
  4. Donnchadh

Donnchadh Active Contributor

Where I am now You will be some day James Joyce I really love quoting this to newcomers
    deanokat likes this.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

That's a great one, @Donnchadh. :)
  6. Donnchadh

7. Donnchadh

Cheers glad you like it have a nice day one and all ☺☺
  8. Donnchadh

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Keep it in the moment and the moment is now . Anon
    deanokat likes this.