An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Feeling Lost now

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by TrinaT, Oct 31, 2018.

1. TrinaT

TrinaT Member

Sorry I’m new here and trying to figure this out ☺️
    My husband is an addict
    Smokes weed all day , drinks 6-12 beer a day sometimes more.
    Shoots up steroids, hgh, Tren, and has ordered more stuff.
    He’s like Jekal and Hyde
    Starting to get scared will he completely loose it
    True concern likes this.
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I would be very nervous being around anyone who is drinking and doing steroids,that sounds very unsafe for everyone,but to answer completely honestly I don't know the true answer.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  3. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Oh however you need to keep you safe so if your in fear leave,stay at a friend's or family members house.I hope someone else chimes in with more perspective than I have provided. STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  4. TrinaT

TrinaT Member

Thank you prayers are so welcome
    I think that’s why I keep going I know God is bigger , sometimes I loose focus and start to worry.
    God bless you too ❤️
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  5. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@TrinaT

Hello and welcome. Thank you for reaching out. I'm sure it can be scary watching your husband turn into someone he's not. How long has he been struggling with addiction?

I'm assuming you've sat and had the talks with him about his using and his behavior? Does he have any desire to get on the road to recovery? If not, then I'd say that you have some pretty serious decisions to make moving forward. If you fear for your own safety, then yes I would go stay somewhere else. Or I would give him the boot. Your safety matters and your sanity matters. Doesn't mean the marriage is over... but it is important to be in a safe location.

Have you gotten any counseling or support to try to contend with his addiction and life in general? It can be quite challenging to be with an active addict. If you're not careful, you'll find yourself going crazy or addicted to his behaviors. Or just getting warm slam out from worrying all the time and that's no way to live.

Would love to know more. Know that we're here to listen and share our insight, experiences, and hope anytime.
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  6. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Welcome to the community, @TrinaT. I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through with your husband, but I'm glad you found us and reached out. Loving an addict is incredibly hard.

I agree with @Dominica. If you've talked to your husband about his drug/alcohol use and haven't seen any indication that he wants to get help, then you need to make some tough decisions. You are not in a good living situation, that's for sure. And your well-being should be your number one concern. Figuring out a way to have some time to yourself for a while would be a great thing, I think.

Look into counseling, too. Or support group meetings like Al-Anon. They can be super helpful because the people there know exactly what you're going through and feeling. You will instantly feel like you're not alone. And that's very comforting.

We are here for you. If you need help, support, advice, or just some folks to listen, you can find that here. So don't hesitate to post anytime you think you need to. In the meantime, I'm sending you love, light, hope, and strength.

Oh, one more thing: How long have the two of you been married? Just curious.
    True concern likes this.