An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Feeling low

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Done, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Done

Done Member

I didn't think I had a problem drinking until my "going out for a couple" turns into a full fledge bender. Seems like every time I drink now. And then from there it turns into gambling half my bank account away and then buying cocain because I get so hammered literally all self control goes out the window. I feel like the lowest piece of garbage on this earth.
    I Made an appointment with a therapist who I will be seeing in a couple weeks and I hope that helps. I'm nervious about talking to people ,but thinking maybe AA would be something to seriously consider, has anyone ever gone to AA and does it help?
  2. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

Yes. I was a severe alcoholic for about 12 or 13 years. AA was what first-after an inpatient detox-kept me sober.
    Yeah I'm glad you are considering it. But look around for the right group for you. Some just don't jive with everyone.
    I'm very introverted in person and I have a very hard time with public speaking but even after a while I looked forward to my meetings.
    Do whatever it takes to beat this demon into the ground. And please don't keep doing the coke so very dangerous especially together.
    Cocaine actually used to be cocaine and it was pretty strong. I did a lot of it. But it was getting to where it was just cut with caffeine pills and even some had been found to have dewormer dust in it. Cocaine is so unsafe-as if it wasn't already bad enough.
    Good luck keep coming back and keep us posted.
  3. True concern

True concern Community Champion

No response not gonna try