An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Feeling real stupid right now

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Lostboy8731, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

Well after my relapse the other day i had a day behind me then opened a package i got in the mail today and it was stuff of my aunty who just passed the other day and i made it half way through the box and broke down, completely falling apart and used again thinking it would help yet truly knowing it would make it worse and now i feel lower the dirt and like the biggest failure here.

Not to mention i think i over did it cause ive got the shakes bad, and can barely focus properly. Fml im an idiot.
    At least i feel like one anyway

Sorry to disapoint everyone :(
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Lostboy8731 i'm sorry about your loss.... and regarding the relapse, just get back up and start again... sometimes relapses are part of the recovery journey. doesn't' make you a loser...or failure... you are human, and you're after progress.... you feel badly... so remember this next time you get the urge... we are here to listen and encourage you.
    Lostboy8731 and deanokat like this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Lostboy8731...

I'm sorry to hear that you used again, but you did not disappoint us. Obviously, your aunt's death and the package that came was a trigger. Part of getting and staying clean is learning what to do when you encounter triggers like that. It's a learning process, my friend.

Use this slip-up as an educational experience. Keep it in mind the next time you come face-to-face with a trigger and get that urge to use. Try to develop other coping skills and have a plan in place for the next time. You're a human being, and none of us are perfect. Never forget that.

Please don't hate yourself. In fact, go easy on yourself. You're trying, and you're making progress. And recovery is about progress, not perfection. So just pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and get back on the right path again. You can do this. I know you can. And we are here to help you along the way. No matter what.

Sending you positive juju, encouragement, and hope this morning. Happy Friday.
    True concern and Lostboy8731 like this.
  4. True concern

True concern Community Champion

You have disappointed no body in fact you have done the exact opposite, I for one am glad your hear,when I saw your first post I reach out and you reach back,for 3 days straight now you have been reading,learning,advising, encouraging, I am very proud of you and we don't judge we are all human we all stumble but you released it and continue to work on you and help other's, my friend I know your struggling with meth and I truly pray you catch some sleep soon if you haven't already,I am not trying to tell you what to do I just want to be here for you as you sober up and help you as best I can because I understand your emotions are going to hit you hard soon,but I am here to help and so is everyone else.Stay Strong my friend and we are so happy to have you here.God Bless and you don't have to do it alone
    deanokat, Dominica and Lostboy8731 like this.
  5. True concern

Absolutely I couldn't agree more
    deanokat and Lostboy8731 like this.
  6. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

Thanks everyone. It's been rough but I'm slowly coming down and starting to feel a sense of normality coming back. Minus being super tired. Hoping I can sleep soon. I'm so thankful to all of you and that i found this forum before this happened. I can't imagine what could have been with out each of your kind words and support. So again thank you from the bottom of my heart @deanokat @Dominica @True concern I'm gonna kick this again.
    deanokat, Dominica and True concern like this.
  7. True concern

I'm more than happy to hear this:)
    deanokat and Dominica like this.