An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Feelings

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Bullwinkle, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

As a disclaimer, I judge, but I don’t condemn, because I believe, that “all belief is valid”, unless the belief is injurious mentally and/or physically forced on me or those that can’t defend themselves. It's a nice day today, that's a judgement or I stereotype, which I believe all humans do, and this is also judgement.

No one has right to judge me solely on my feelings, but as a male child, I was judged by being told that boys don’t dry. A song lyric “feelings have no rights or wrongs” for me is spiritual. It’s only when feelings are acted out behaviorally, that feelings can be judged by society, especially some fear based feelings. There’s a long list of different types of fear based feelings. My addiction has every thing to do with why I blocked feelings, especially feelings of dependency on ideas outside of myself, boy’s don’t cry is the most toxic.

Ideas of duality which are a fear based dependency, e.g., “my addict (duality) is out to get me”, is victim blame based addiction. I’m 100% the addict, I don’t share my addiction with some ethereal mythology, including e.g. Deity (s) (Heaven), Devil, (Hell), etc. This FOR ME is “toxic group think” whether it’s 12 step faith based recovery groups or faith based religious groups. In essence, my recovery is an autonomous inside job, it’s an unsuspected inner resource. It’s unsuspected because it has always been inside me, it’s my spirit, I just failed to recognize, but my addiction lead me to it. Until I recovered, my unsuspected inner resource was stifled by allowing a faith based dictatorial religion to shame me by explaining my mortality using the manipulative after life i.e. Heaven (God) Hell (Devil).

My recovery taught me not to block fearful feelings, I let all feelings flow, including shame. Instinctual fear is the natural human animal state, engendered by my survival instinct. Other animals experience survival instinctual fear, but as far as science knows, other animals are not aware of their mortality. Yet, many attempt to comprehend that which is incomprehensible (God, afterlife). If I could comprehend God, I’d be God.

For 50 years I’ve hearing in some“group think” recovery groups, that ME “YOU” (we, us, ) can’t fix a broken brain, with a broken brain, therefore, ME, WE, YOU, had nothing to do with YOUR recovery / sobriety, "God did it all”. My thought has always been, “if God hands out sobriety, does God handout relapse? For me, as I have shared, relapse/addiction lead me to recovery, which was my delivery system into spiritual reality, and is the only reality.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  2. True concern

True concern Moderator

This I understand in essence,however to each their own...If you choose to not believe that is your individual right but it doesn't make a person who believes wrong.We are still here,on earth,taking in oxygen and no one will know until their last breath this is a fact regardless of what anyone chooses to believe
    cheffy and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  3. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

my friend God hands out free will. its up to us what we do we with it.
    for a long long time i wandered and then i realized "I" could not do this by myself. not one little bit. GOD - Jesus Christ- did it for me. but i still had to put in the footwork. however once my faith was totally in Him it was an easy ride.

i also believe - its a fact, like you said- spiritual reality is the only reality.
    doesnt have to be fire and brimstone kind of fear that your talking about but the need to recognize where our strength comes from is so real.
  4. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Yea likewise I dont attribute my addiction to the devil and I dont attribute any success to God. I do believe he has a role in my spirituality but I dont believe God interacts in my life physically.

I dont blame the devil when something bad happens just like I dont praise god when something good happens. I believe we are here to learn and grow our spirit and thats on us.

The devil didn't make me do drugs I did. If I shift the blame to anything else but me then I'll never get better.

However I think telling someone you will pray for them is a nice gesture but I believe that's all it is. When I say dont let the devil keep you down or harm you I'm referring to the inner demons of our past.
    cheffy and True concern like this.
  5. Onceaddicted77

I also believe the world will never be a truly perfect and peaceful place. If good or evil is intentional by way of our behavior then it must follow the laws of the universe and that's balance. For every good deed there is an evil deed. Thats not God or the devil's direct influence but only his design.

I've reiterated on this subject before about how we must know both to understand the other. If there was no evil there would be no good and we would cease to remember what good actually is. It would just become normal like drugs do to us. Its important to detox from chemicals so you can feel the pain and then know the pleasure again.

I believe in evolution I believe we probably did come from the great apes and we evolved through gene expression and mutations.
    But that dosnt mean it wasnt Gods design. I attribute it to his will. Maybe the universe is God and we just dont understand it. It did create everything.

Just like our plants evolved to their environments. They carry alkaloids and nitrogen fixation to compete with other plants and also as a defense mechanism for survival from herbivores. They say marijuana makes you dizzy because that was a defense mechanism if animals or insects ate the plant they would feel weird and move on.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    cheffy likes this.
  6. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

Spot on! At what point does something become good? Without bad, you can't know. So there is a matter of symmetry, the duality of our existence, which is required for existence (our definition of existence), and continuity, a progression, which is also required for our existence. Heard this before in different terms? Symmetry - space. Continuity - time. I don't think Einstein necessarily realized that there was more to come when he proposed his idea of space-time. At least in the metaphysical realm. There is the physical which he was talking about, and the metaphysical which is a picture of the same thing but coming from another whole direction. And sooner or later the twain SHALL meet. My opinions of course.
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

I'm in agreement, yet not in agreement.I am going to pose some questions and I by no means am suggesting your wrong or I'm right,just gonna ask and say some things because you left a door opened I've been trying to understand for year's.

I believe in evolution in this manner...We are far more advanced than were in the 1800's so we evolved from there,however I don't believe the ape theory (just my opinion)because there are still apes.Does a caterpillar become a butterfly and return to a caterpillar?No.So my question is if we came from apes,why are there still apes?Do you believe the evolution process is still continuing for certain blood lines at the very early stages of being an ape?And if so how did those blood lines get left behind so far behind the rest of us?And if that's true what does a bloodline more evolved than us look like?If we can still be evolving that means there has to be other's more evolved,so where can we see them?Again I only pose these questions because it's a conversation I've tried to have many time's but can never get an evolutionist to engage so I'm just trying to understand.

Now when you say good-evil....Balance in the universe....I might understand your take on this as you referred to it as God's overall design(or I believe that's what you meant)This I might agree with and I see it as the design leaves both options in play..good-evil and I can come to terms with this as being left with freewill.If you meant it different can you please clarify as I said earlier this is just a conversation I've been trying to understand and have my entire life.Thank you
  8. Onceaddicted77

Yes I did leave the door open for further conversations. In my theory and in most science theories of our evolution process is that we started our evolution about 100,000 years ago.

The reason there are still apes is because like today there are several species. If there was only one kind of Ape today I could see the conundrum. We were a different species of Ape. With the closet matching one the chimpanzee that we share 98.9 percent of our dna with. We will never evolve back into an ape.

We and most living organisms evolve because of environmental factors. We all came from Africa and Africa was once a big forest and Apes thrived in it. But through changes in the environment like turning to a desert we must evolve to survive we had to get out of the trees and start finding food sources other than what was native to us.

We started to eat different things and these new alkaloids and amino acids started to change our brains. We started to develop different parts of our brains like our cortex which brings on imagination and from there we grew like a wild fire.

Evolution is a slow process which works through mutated Gene's and when those are selected and passed down that is a new line of code or genes.
    We can never see evolution happening at the time we can only look back to see it.

Evolution is not selective of the better Gene's directly but these better Gene's helped us survive and so only the strongest with the new mutated Gene's survived.

I'm not taking anything away from God because I do believe it was all his will and design. He didnt say how he created us but just that he did through his will.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Joshstillclean and True concern like this.
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

Thank you for the response,you could not believe how most people have views yet refuse to discuss why they have such views
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  10. Onceaddicted77

maybe even Aliens are manipulating our DNA on purpose. We do have Gene's or DNA that does not match anything else on this world.

To think we are the only living things in this universe would be crazy.

This is how many suns that are only observable to us.
    1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 not including planets.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  11. Joshstillclean

thank you for conversing about this really. i have struggled with this myself. but in the end it is all by God's design. brother you open the door for conversation and dont shut it in someones face i like that.
    True concern and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  12. Joshstillclean

agreed.
    True concern and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  13. Onceaddicted77

And a Cosmo fun fact lol. There are more stars in the sky that are observable from our earth than there are grains of sand in our entire deserts and beaches. That's crazy
    Joshstillclean and True concern like this.
  14. True concern

True concern Moderator

Ya I don't know,iv e never seen anyone counting sand grains in glamis but there is a sh1t load of it
  15. Onceaddicted77

Lol. Yea that's what they say but could you imagine if that is true for sure. That's mind blowing
  16. True concern

True concern Moderator

I said that exact quote about 5 year's ago lol"to think we are the only living organism or life form would be crazy"
  17. True concern

True concern Moderator

I could imagine it and if it is fact we are almost irrelevant as far as the galaxy is concerned
    cheffy likes this.
  18. Onceaddicted77

Hehe that's awesome. The odds are definitely on the side of more life being out there for sure huh. We cant be the only rock with living beings on it.
    cheffy and True concern like this.
  19. Onceaddicted77

Right! yes earth is a spec of dust compared to the universes scale.
    True concern likes this.
  20. True concern

True concern Moderator

I sure wouldn't think so,and to think so would almost be ignorant (just my opinion)
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.