An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Finally Quitting Weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by mikeperez, Jan 4, 2020.

1. mikeperez

mikeperez Member

Im 31 and have been pretty much smoking everyday since i was about 19. Weed has become something unmanageable in my life and has become a chore, health risk and a waste of money. One of my problems is i am a very functioning addict and always want to do productive things when i am high. It helps me focus as well. However I know i could be doing just as well if not better without it plus i am tired of the fogginess/cloudiness mentally it makes me live in sometimes. Stopping has been unsuccessful for me in the past but i hope by posting here and putting it out more to the universe i can have success. Thank you for reading.
  2. Davers

Davers Community Champion

I wish you luck , it is HARD to quit , 90% Mentally Addictive imo or in my case.

I smoked from age 13 (1984) to age 39 ish , I was able to put it down for Dr / Legal reasons ( usually when I ran out the first day w/o was the worst & if I could go 2-3 days it would get easier each day.

It usually made me want to do things add motivation + I really enjoyed smoking in the Woods or Secluded spots while metal detecting , I did miss that & smoking at Christmas .

Fast forward to May 2019 , I go to my crazy Dr. I was Not thinking about getting a 'Low Thc CBD Oil Card' I asked the nurse "reckon why my dreams are so anxiety filled' ? Well got happy paid A-lot for the Dr, & the Card & still to this Day I do not know where to get THC CBD Oil . W/O Ordering it & I rarely Order things like that.

Well having the 'Card' I was told (I should have done my research ) that I could get Bud in AL or FL , that was BS.

With no oil I started smoking Bud Again in late May now I smoke just like I did before I quit ( I just enjoy the whole smoking process ) & take about 5 extra bong hits than I need , Ill smoke a Gram by myself in one sitting.

I stated to myself that I would "Try" to quit on New Years but that's going slowly .

Good Luck mikeperez.
    mikeperez likes this.
  3. Davers

I still smoke to much + have to take care of the wife's smoking needs , I still want to quit or move to a cool state .
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  4. Davers

Quick update .
    I have cut back a bit since Friday cause Sun morn I woke up with super nausea then dry heaved all day until I had to get up at 4 am yesterday as I could not lay there suffering anymore.

So I got through 2 days W/o Smoking , 'Sun & Monday .
    I really did not crave it yesterday but I took 2 bong hits cause it was here and the best quality i've had in months .

I don't crave to smoke right now but around 3-5 pm Ill start joansen .

Got it in my mind that i'm wanna quit now i'm waiting for the day that I won't crave it anymore.
    Guess that's a start. ???
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.