New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

First NA meeting

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Am_i_dominik, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Am_i_dominik

Am_i_dominik Member

im thinking of going to my first NA meeting, im a teenager and woild go to a youth meeting. Im nervous to go, and im not sure if I need the help, I mostly use a variety of pills to help me get through things. My friend says its my mentality and the effects its had on me is the reason why I should go. It has negativity effected a lot, physically. I was just looking for advice like what are the meetings like, how you introduce yourself, if the meetings are different for teens, and if you can just show up. Any other advice or info would help.
  2. Donnchadh

Donnchadh Active Contributor

Hey there good for you so stop thinking about it and go.It's understandable that you are nervous so was everyone else you'll meet there.All you have to do is go in introduce yourself say why you're here and just sit back and listen to whatever is been said.It's as simple as that.But soon as the meeting is over try to speak to someone it's not easy but it doesn't have to be difficult either.like an old friend once said to me. What's the worst thing that can happen to you like fall off the chair . You really should give it a shot your so young and you have it all to live for. Feel the fear and do it anyway and I'll guarantee that you will walk out alive.and if you stick with it you will meet amazing people who were where you are now and can and will listen guide and support you every step of the way. Go for it don't throw away your life i guarantee life will get better.Apart from that the only other advice I can give you is be honest both with yourself and the other members you'll meet there. I so wish you all the very best of luck. So what are you waiting for off you go to a meeting xxx
    hope4usmn likes this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Am_i_dominik... Welcome to the community. I'm glad you reached out and I'm proud of you for contemplating going to an NA meeting. If you're using a variety of pills to help you get through life, you probably do need some help. And there's nothing wrong with seeking that help. There are so many people who have similar issues, and NA is a great organization where you can be in community with those people. Getting help now, while you're young, is a smart thing. Believe me, from my experience I can honestly tell you that things will almost definitely get worse if you continue on the path you're on.

Sending you positive vibes and lots of encouragement. Reach out anytime.
    hope4usmn likes this.