An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

First time addiction

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by remnant, Mar 13, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant Community Champion

Crystal meth is a very dangerous drug to get addicted to. It also has a variety of methods used to infuse it into the body through snorting, smoking or even injecting oneself with a needle. One of the most dangerous aspects of crystal meth is that you get addicted the first time you use it. Numerous users have reported this strange phenomenon. One has to consume increasing quantities to maintain the addiction.
    Damien Lee likes this.
  2. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

I have had many friends who did drugs (meth was common to them),however, they never told me that meth was so addictive. This is the first time I have read this meth can be addiction just after the first use. I have seen many people use cocaine and heroine for couple of times and then immediately gave up.
  3. GettingBetter

GettingBetter Senior Contributor

This post is a bit misleading I think? Certainly not everyone gets addicted the first time! I did it once a long time ago and had such horrible paranoia I managed to avoid it ever since. I certainly believe that first use addiction is possible though, this can happen with a lot of drugs, especially hard drugs, but of course everyone is different. Definitely a risky thing to try though and I'm pretty relieved I didn't like it because I really regret using it even if I only did it once!
    JonnyMacdonald likes this.
  4. Mara

Mara Community Champion

I haven't tried meth but I know a lot of people who did and they had varying reactions to it. Some liked it, and some didn't and never tried using it ever again. I think getting addicted to meth will largely depend if the person would want to use it once more. And after using it more than once, that's when they get hooked because they would want that same kind of high again and again. Anyway, that's just my opinion basing on the people that I know who had and are still using meth.
  5. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Meth is a nasty substance.
    Not everyone can get hooked the first time. But that's misleading, because if you try it and enjoy it and don't get hooked you might keep doing it.
    That's disaster in the making.
    At my church outreach program we help a lot of people suffer from this terrible curse of an addiction.
    What it does to people, and what it makes people do is heartbreaking.
    Our current mentality of blame the victim and lock them up does not help anything either.
  6. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

It is true that you can get addicted the first time you use it. I know people on both side of the stick that have said the same. Some didn't get hooked after their first hit, for others, it was an instant addiction. What most don't consider is that with Meth, there is an obvious high. We all get that. Even non users get it. But when come down from that high, it's really depressing. The only way to get out of that low is to get another hit. That's why it's so addicting. It's not the high that makes you want to constantly have it, its the crappy feeling of the low that you don't want to experience.
  7. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I have heard of people who haven't gotten addicted by using only once, but I believe it must have happened to some people, saying that has happened to every single people who has tried it would be too much though. But why risk it? I'd not try it not even once, that thing is nasty.
  8. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace Senior Contributor

mеth is оnе pоwеrful psyсhо stimulаnt аnd is highly аddiсtivе drug. Thе high is wаy mоrе pоwеrful аnd supеriоr thаn thе high соkе givеs yоu аnd thе high аlsо lаsts а lоt lоngеr. Mеth is аlsо сhеаpеr thаn Соkе аnd pеоplе rеfеr tо it аs "pооrs mаn соkе" Mеth hоwеvеr is sоmеthing SWIM wоuldn't fuсk аrоund. It еаts SWIM аlivе, giving SWIY "mеth mоuth" (rоttеn tееth, tееth fаlling оut, hоlеs еtс.) mаkеs SWIY еyеbаlls sink in yоur skull, аnd mаkеs SWIY а skеlеtоn in shоrt аmоunt оf timе.

Tryint mеth fоr thе first timе соuld аnd соuld nоt rеsult in аn instаnt аddiсtiоn, dеpеnds оn whаt kind оf pеrsоn swiy аrе.
  9. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

My question is why are these substances really produced? I looked it up and discovered:

"Methamphetamine can be prescribed by a doctor to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and other conditions, although it is rarely used medically, and only at doses much lower than those typically abused." - National Institute on Drug Abuse.

So if it is rarely used why produce something that poses a lot of danger to people? I think we humans are the cause of our own problems. Being addicted to crystal meth the first time you use sounds like being a permanent blood sucker who must keep feeding his thirst.
  10. Okaviator

Okaviator Senior Contributor

Meth really is one of the scariest drugs. Luckily, I never got addicted because I hated the high that it gave me.
  11. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

Crystal meth is probably the most dangerous drug out there. I would say that it's even more dangerous than heroin. I lost a friend who was addicted to meth at the end of last year. And it's absolutely true, he became addicted almost immediately, and it was all downhill from that point on. Truly saddening.
  12. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Yes, to just piggyback on what Damien was saying, it really takes a toll on your body. Just looking at pictures of those who have been using meth for a realtively short period of time, and the change in their appearnce is really pretty shocking and scary. I am not sure why anyone would want to try it, honestly.