An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

First time reaching out

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Scared out of my mind, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

I'm assuming your not talking about smoking cocaine or heroin or similar.
    So my answer is Deffinatley NOT!
    One thing at a time. I've been working on sobriety for a long time and I'm still on nicotine patches now. In fact I'm just to where I don't have to sleep with one on.
    And I use THC regularly, so I can't speak to that-but ibdo have epilepsy. I just don't use enough to get stoned.
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  2. Scared out of my mind

Scared out of my mind Active Contributor

Day 4 and it's starting to get a bit worse but still bearable. I am starting to withdraw from the family but trying my best not to. Irritation is the worst I blew up at my wife for something stupid but she gave me my space and didn't say a word just let me cry it out after I was done. Thank you yall for being there.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  3. Scared out of my mind

No definitely not nothing hard I'm actually talking about weed it's helping with the symptoms .
    True concern and Joshstillclean like this.
  4. Joshstillclean

Around day 7 you should start to stabilize at this dose. So keep that in mind just a few more days and you will start feeling better.
    It is easy to kind of sink into yourself right now. And in fact I wouldn't push yourself too much to be super active.
    That's just me personally. I'm very introverted so I was enjoying my alone time durring the step,down process.
    But on the other hand when I needed to talk about something I needed someone bad!...
    Just take it as easy as you can.
    Day 4! That is huge progress!
    True concern likes this.
  5. Scared out of my mind

I feel like I'm ready to take it down a little but not completely sure I have 50mcg ready for when I do lower to that point I pretty much got this planned out pretty good just don't know when to take it down again.
  6. Joshstillclean

Take it down again when you stabilize for a few days and then eat well and sleep well...then make the jump.
    That's my advice.
    Onceaddicted77 and True concern like this.
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

I agree,you must have strength to fight this addiction, tapering is the safest way
  8. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@Scared out of my mind hello. Sorry I'm late to your story. How are you doing? I just found out our community listeners were laid off by the company due to budget cuts so it's addicts helping addicts now. Tapering is hard but easier than cold turkey. From reading Robert's story with Fentanyl patches, each step down brings some pain and suffering and then it levels off. I believe he lowered his each week. Keep coming here as we got you!
  9. Scared out of my mind

Things are going as planned it did get a little uncomfortable for a couple days but I am starting to feel my actual pain come through so I guess I’m doing it right it really sucks all this pain is the reason I started chewing I now have to push through it to get better
  10. True concern

True concern Moderator

Perfect timing I was wondering how you were doing I'm happy to hear it's getting better stay strong stay focused and keep pushing ahead you can do this
  11. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

That's awesome you are doing it! The pain will get better as your Endorphins start working again.
    True concern likes this.
  12. Scared out of my mind

I have tried substituting kratom......not a good idea just yet omg
  13. Onceaddicted77

Yea kratom is super weak compared to opiates. You pretty much have to be close to end of tapering for it to work. I tried it a few times withdrawing from oxy and on day 2 it didnt even touch it. Day 5 maybe a bit.
  14. Scared out of my mind

Yeah I went back to my regular dose I will be going down again in two days wish me luck. This is by far the best support system I have right now besides my wife of course
  15. Onceaddicted77

How are you doing today @Scared out of my mind
  16. Scared out of my mind

It's getting better a lot of pain right now but I'm fighting to get through it
  17. Onceaddicted77

No pain no gain. :) I'm so happy for you! Your still going, your gonna be so happy with yourself for this accomplishment.
  18. Scared out of my mind

I can't wait to get to the end of this battle.. But I am excited to be clean and be a part of my family again
  19. Scared out of my mind

I don't know how long it's been since I started this but I am now only taking kratom and smoking weed some days are harder than others but I'm getting through it I'm so excited to be off the patches. I did push myself a bit harder to get off the patches faster and I'm glad I did. Getting better everyday
  20. Onceaddicted77

That is amazing I'm so proud and happy for you. What you did is not easy for alot of people. It takes willpower and determination to get through it. You gotta be ready for the battle and you were, Way to go!
    True concern likes this.