An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Following Europe's lead? In favour of legalisation?

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Luke MacNeil, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Luke MacNeil

Luke MacNeil Member

2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

While I believe cannabis is probably safer than alcohol, I'm not in favor of legalization. I've seen too many people have their lives impacted in a negative way as a result of smoking pot. I think legalizing it will just expose more people to those problems. That said, I think it's likely going to happen in the U.S. We have states that have legalized it already. And I think the lure of tax money is eventually going to make the federal government cave to the idea.
  3. Donnchadh

Donnchadh Active Contributor

As a European I'm not in favour of legislation we only have to look at alcohol and cigarettes. However what I am in favour of is controlled access to addicts in the form of what we call shooting rooms here whereby addicts who inject are supplied with safe and uncontaminated drug's and the tool's required in a safe supervised environment .some disagree with my view's but there's a few advantages 1 the drugs are tested for contamination.2 the doses are controlled.3 clean needless are provided. 4 the streets where the facilities are available are free of used needles reducing the risk of children picking up infected needles.5 the users don't have to deal with dodgy dealers keeping them out of trouble with the law. That's mainly focused on heroin user's. The debate goes on about other drug's some of which I think should be legalised likewise in medically controlled environment's. I don't believe that they should be available on every street but maybe certain pharmacies. The debate continues
    deanokat likes this.