An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Friend wants to do acid

Discussion in 'Helping an Addicted Friend' started by philthegoat, Mar 8, 2016.

1. philthegoat

philthegoat Active Contributor

Greetings fellow forum scrollers. A friend recently came to me and told me a while ago and told me that he is thinking of trying acid. He hasn't tried it since then and I'm not sure how to talk him out of it. Can someone please help me with how I should approach him and what I should say?
  2. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Your friend needs to know what he'll be getting himself into should he decide to start using drugs. Tell him about the effects using drugs will have on him and hope that he'll heed your advice not try using the drug. While you most certainly can't force him not to use drugs if he has set his mind on it, you can at least try to convince him not to.
  3. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

Hi @philthegoat Is your friend going through some hard time? Try to talk him out of it, though he is an adult who can make his own decisions but you could get some gruesome tales of people who take drugs and where they are now. I hope he listens to you; I'm sure he will since he came to inform you first before taking. Please remain a good friend to him and save him from going the dangerous path.
  4. philthegoat

philthegoat Active Contributor

@darkrebelchild he doesn't seem to be going through a rough time. I spend a lot of time at his house, along with other friends, and if I haven't noticed that something's wrong, then I can't be a good friend at all. He's such a jolly person, so I don't know what he could possibly be thinking if he wants to do acid.
  5. Momma9

Momma9 Community Champion

A bad acid trip never goes away! It haunts you for the rest of your life. And it is not at all uncommon to have a bad trip. Some people lose their mind and are never the same after a bad trip. Some can even be a danger to themselves or others when tripping. A Google search will bring up more information on this. Maybe you can learn about it more and share with him.
  6. LoveEcho

LoveEcho Community Champion

Acid is a very scary trip for new drug users. Honestly, if your friend hasn't done many drugs and does acid he will probably never touch drugs again.
    Momma9 likes this.
  7. Dilof

Dilof Member

You should show him some stories about how it affects people's lives and whether he is willing to put himself through that just for a temporary feeling with permanent consequences.