An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

FYI: Spam Posts

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by deanokat, May 30, 2019.

1. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Just wanted everyone to be aware that from time to time people who aren't very nice will come to this forum and make posts that frequently include links to places online where you can buy drugs. We do our best to prevent these types of posts from occurring in the first place, but sometimes they sneak through the filters. That said, we delete the posts and ban the users as quickly as we can. It might take several hours--after all, we're human beings and we can't be watching this forum 24/7/365--but rest assured...we WILL get rid of the posts and posters!

Sorry for any inconvenience or negative triggers these posts may cause. Lord knows it takes a special kind of lowlife to come to a drug abuse forum and make those kind of posts.

Thanks for understanding.
  2. True concern

True concern Moderator

Thank you for you're continued commitment to keeping a safe place for us to attempt piecing our lives back together,you sir are a " "Super Human":)
    Joshstillclean, Dominica and deanokat like this.
  3. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

I wondered about that. I've reported two so far. They were taken down right away. It's funny in my pill days I looked for those sites but couldn't find them. Now here I am trying to stay clean and they are coming to me. Ironic?
    Joshstillclean and deanokat like this.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Ironic indeed, @DoxyMom. Trust me: If we could figure out a way to eliminate those spam posts for good, we'd do it. But when the bad guys resort to spoofing IP addresses of trusted users, it's hard to stop it. So we'll just keep deleting the posts and banning the users as quickly as we can. Thank you for reporting any spam you see. :)
    Joshstillclean and True concern like this.
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

That's wonderful you have reported 2 and stayed STRONG enough to not use them,believe it or not but in 2 year's I've probably reported over 10 and I am proud of myself as well for never using one but indeed it is ironic
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  6. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

Does anyone else keep getting calls from a canadian pharmacy selling oxycodone and other "dones" for cheap?
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

Nope your acct must be linked to Facebook which is probably how the calls are coming through
  8. Joshstillclean

W
    What's the link with facebook and the Canadian thing?
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

I don't know about the Canadian thing but I know on this site it can link through Facebook and in the about section on Facebook you can find the users phone number or e-mail acct and either one can be used to reverse track information, I don't know how to do that stuff but I've had it explained to me by people who would do such thing's to harass people,let me add these people often time's harassed me...you know who I'm talking about
  10. DoxyMom

Wow! No one has called me. I've been so lucky that the friends I used to buy pills from stopped calling when asked. Not even once. One of them is my client and is in chronic pain. I just talked to him yesterday and he wanted to know how I was. He's not a malicious dealer. Just an older guy on SS looking to make extra money selling his extra pills. I don't hold it against him.
  11. DoxyMom

I just reported two from the same member. One was selling beer pong tables and the other bongs. Geez!
    Dominica likes this.
  12. Joshstillclean

Beer pong tables? That's a new one for me. I thought beer pong was played on some kids parents pool table.
    deanokat likes this.
  13. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

Gone! Anything for a buck huh? lol beer pong can be played on any table... but I'm not advertising that. haha Save your money people.
  14. DoxyMom

Ping pong tables not pool tables.
    Dominica likes this.
  15. Joshstillclean

I know I was joking. We played beer pong on rich kids parents pool tables and spilled beer all over them...being total complete teenage jerks.
    I was making fun of teenagers at parties.
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  16. True concern

True concern Moderator

You could probably do a little coding to delete/null any post which mentions thedollar amount for each substance and the two combined money/substance equals null and spice it up a bit to automatically ban each email acct that gets caught trying to do this.Just to be clear I don't know sh*t about coding but it doesn't sound like it's outside the realm of doable.I am starting to consider taking a few computer courses as I never have and for this reason I can barely work a computer
    Dominica and Joshstillclean like this.
  17. Joshstillclean

This made me laugh.
    Let me rearrange a few sentences...
    "I do Not work with a computer because I don't know sh*t about coding. But what I'm talking about sounds doable. So lets spice it up a bit so it bans (I read crashes) anyone who tries".
    You know I'm joking with you I hope. And I also agree. Sounds doable, with what is done today with spyware why can't this be done? I agree. Use their own junk against them.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  18. True concern

True concern Moderator

I could learn computer's, I believe I could learn it to well.The reason I haven't is simple.I don't want to know how to know everything about everyone, I am one of those weird people who still sees value in privacy,I am not perfect, far from it but in today's world the court room is irrelevant because everyone who goes over board is going to judge everyone desperate from the court room,I can't believe people are embracing what will eventually be the end of freedom.Call me crazy I don't care,it is very easy to see where this is going.Basically technology has added secret society type gang's and it will get to the point where you will have no choice but to be a part of one of these groups because they already have the ability to ruin someone's life for no other reason but because they decide to.It sounds like pure fiction and borderline hysteria but calm your soul I'm just pointing out the inevitable because I believe someone needs to be realistic even if if is the unpopular thing to do
    deanokat, Dominica and Joshstillclean like this.
  19. True concern

True concern Moderator

I know this much,the beauty of coding is not to use their junk against them rather it's to pave a stretch of intelligent code that is used for something positive minus the last line of spyware everyone seems to add while coding to solidify their uniqueness like it's never been done before except by nearly every coder out there......Or so I've heard because obviously I don't know how to find such stuff
    deanokat, Dominica and Joshstillclean like this.