An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Gabapentin is amazing!

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by lilfaerie28, Nov 30, 2015.

1. lilfaerie28

lilfaerie28 Active Contributor

I have been taking Percoset/Norco for over three years for fibro/chronic pain. I stopped, because I hate being addicted to them. It is awful, and the withdrawals, even with vitamins (Mitadone) and kratom, were tough. So I started taking gabapentin, which is used for many different things, but not only am I in much less pain, but my mood has totally evened out (I have bipolar disorder). I really hope it keeps working!
  2. Ali16

Ali16 Senior Contributor

glad to hear it's working for you! I take it along with Lyrica (related to it) to control my Fibromyalgia and I'm out of pain for the first time in 7 years.
  3. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Gabapentin? Are you serious? I had not heard of that one. Let's see, it was invented in 1993. Really. Well incase you didn't know you can buy Gaba or gamma-aminobutric acid in a vitamin store. The brain produces it naturally sometimes a person can be low in it. Gaba is the precursor to serotonin. Your body in other words produces gaba all on its own if you eat the right foods.
    They came up with a drug that your body makes all on its own. Eating good healthy real foods. Processed foods and junk food will easily deplete and cause deficiencies.
    There were studies in the 1980's that if bipolar and schizophrenics took niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin C, and Gaba instead of medication their symptoms were alleviated to completely vanished. It was published in some hard cover prevention magazine books. How simple is that?
    Its really no more than vitamin deficiencies. The niacin actually can help push the drugs out of the body. It would help a person to ween off of them.
    Gabapentin can cause pancreatic cancer. Inability to reach orgasm and erectile disfunction. Loss of libido. Fatigue and weight gain. Depression and suicidal thoughts. Dangerous drug if you ask me.
    Yeah on the lighter note. You can do anything if you set your mind to it. A happy smiling face like yours deserves the best. Detoxification and taking control of yourself, your life can be done. Exercise and good food. Some good supplements to gain it all back can be easier than you think. A lot of things relate to mood a label is not always the answer.
    There was a girl at my gym who said to me she is bipolar. Really she's not, in my opinion. She says she is a pescatarian. Eats only fish. Fish is loaded with mercury. She more than likely has mercury poisoning. There is no way for the industry to control the levels of mercury in fish that we eat. It will make you moody and irritable. There can be considerable personality changes.
    So diet is something to think about. Histamine levels is another one. Fermented foods or anything that raises your histamine levels will make you extremely emotional. There is info on-line about what foods to eliminate. Gluten is a bad one that wreaks havoc on the brain and digestive system. We're not meant to eat all this stuff. Just keep it simple.