An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Going to smoke weed in a few days, got any advice?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by amin021023, Sep 23, 2015.

1. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

Hey all, I've been an irregular pot smoker for a year and a half. and college is started, two of my friends already called me and were like: "where are you, we're having a party" I'm going to the college tomorrow (it's a four hour ride) and I know I'd be spending time with those guys who are almost my only friends, and I'm going to smoke weed, so pls cut the talks about don't do it or something, I'm going to smoke a joint or two on the weekends with friends, and I'm going to be responsible about it meaning no excess use. was wondering if anyone had a similar situation or has an advice?
  2. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Community Champion

You should be really careful about what your smoking, there's a rise in weed being mixed with other substances. If it's a clump on stem its more likely to be the actual marijuana. If your going to try any type of weed, have a small amount to start and then after an hour consider its effects. Think about wether your feeling parinoia, confusion, or any unpleasant side effects of the drug. If it's not pleasant it's no good, it can cause damage to your brain and cause mental issues. There's no guarantee that it's going to be safe, drug dealers don't have regulations to follow. That's one of the reasons buying illegal drugs is so dangerous.
  3. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

The only advice I can give is to pace yourself. I'm sure you already know how to look after yourself already but what I used to do in situations where the joints were being passed around a little too much was to miss a few turns, saying I had a really dry throat. You might want to inspect any marijuana before smoking it, especially if it's come from an unfamiliar source.
  4. SLTE

SLTE Community Champion

Have lots of food on hand. I've never tried weed, but I've watched other people do it, and they've universally gotten really hungry in the process. If you stock up on food beforehand you won't have to go out and risk stumbling into trouble, whatever form it might take. I've also heard drinking lots of water is wise, though I'm not one hundred percent sure why it's important. Something to do with caloric burn?
  5. Faygo1224

Faygo1224 Active Contributor

I must say, be careful of what you're actually smoking. All too often people are offered marijuana that is laced. There are also some who pass off far, synthetic marijuana as real.

There are many concerns I have with your choice but I do hope that you are responsible with that choice. Be aware of what you're smoking. Ask for the name of the strain, get more information about it. In all actuality I would say don't do it, but hey, you're young and in College it harkens. Be safe!!!!
  6. lalabee21

lalabee21 Active Contributor

I don’t really get why you created this thread then. Advice for what, in how to get high with your friends? I guess you already know how to do that since you already decided that’s what you’re going to do and seem to have everything under control. You specifically asked everyone on the forum to “cut the talks,” so I will not try to make you understand that you shouldn’t do this, but I will point out that this forum is to support people who DON’T want to smoke pot and who are trying to quit.
  7. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

Thank you all for your replies, @lalabee21: hey, you don't know me, so don't judge. Thanks for your opinion though.
  8. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I would just advise you to just inspect the marijuana if they have some crystal-like substances in it. You might want to avoid that one because it's the tampered kind.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  9. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Yes, there are several people here trying to stay clean but at the end of the day, if people are going to do stuff then surely it's better that we talk about harm reduction and safer use? Just my two cents...
  10. henry

henry Community Champion

One word of advise, never say you're going to be responsible about it, because we all know things almost always turn out the other way around. You say three joints, turns out you smoked 8. No more than a couple of drinks turn into 15, and so on. There's not much else I can say, because we can only tell you not to do it.
  11. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

The advice I would give you is this - don't bother! It's just not worth it and is kind of pointless. It's just a waste of money. Just say no and prove to everyone that you are more headstrong than they are and that you don't need to resort to using recreational substances in order to have a good time. Marijuana has been consistently increasing in strength over the last decade or so and is now a Class B drug in the UK again. It's always being tampered with.