An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Good job everyone!

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Carnold23, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Carnold23

Carnold23 Community Champion

I just want to say that everyone who is in recovery is doing amazing!
    Even if you feel low and it is hard you are doing the right thing!
    The important thing is realizing you need to make a change and making the steps to make that change. Any positive change in your life, big or small, is an amazing thing.
    Be nice to yourselves.
    deanokat likes this.
  2. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Yes, all of you have taken the first step and have sought help with your addiction. This I a grea tand supportive group and everyone here does their best to help the other members, so make certain to stay with what works. There ar many people who have been there, and have gone through the same thing, so keep up the good work!
    deanokat likes this.
  3. L_B

L_B Community Champion

There are a lot of inspiring stories on here. Every time I read another one I can't help but smile. I am so proud of each and every one of them and all their accomplishments. If that is not enough they come and share their stories so that they can help others who are struggling. This group has a great bunch of people. Keep the stories coming.
    deanokat likes this.
  4. serenity

serenity Community Champion

That is so true. Any improvement, no matter how big or small is still considered as an improvement, so recovering addicts should really be thankful for every improvement, because that is one step forward toward improving their life.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    deanokat likes this.
  5. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Community Champion

Well, this was incredibly sweet for you to post. I tend to be extremely critical on myself, so it's nice to have someone chime in and say "you're doing a good job!" I wish all of you the best and send lots of smiles! You guys are awesome and have created such a wonderful support group here.
    deanokat likes this.
  6. Coolkidhere

Coolkidhere Community Champion

I needed this and I know many more also needed this! More often than not, we become too critical and hard to ourselves. We are actually our own's worst enemy. But the important thing to remember is that, as long as we accept our flaws and mistakes and do something about them, then we are in the right direction. It might take a long time before we fully recover or achieve our goal, but as long as we try and try to do the right thing, it is what matters. Small changes add up in the long run. Take it easy everyday!
    deanokat likes this.
  7. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I love that idea of being nice to ourselves. Sometimes I think we as individuals have a tendency to be our own worst critics and our inner voices can sometimes not be too kind at all. I think it's important to remember that when we're kind to ourselves it's a lot easier to feel positive!
    deanokat likes this.
  8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

Indeed! Everyone around here is passionate and I love seeing it! Whenever I read stories about people's struggles and how they overcame them I can't help but smile at my screen for a long time. It's pretty inspiring and I get a lot of motivation from reading your people's answers here! Keep it up!
    deanokat likes this.
  9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I totally agree with you about that. Everyone deserves to be credited for all they have achieved all throughout their recovery period, whether it's a small or a big one, so yeah, kudos to you guys! Keep up the good work. :)
    deanokat likes this.
  10. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I also agree and even if you think your not doing as well as what want, people have to realise that what they're going through is hard, and everyone will struggle from time to time, the important thing is you keep going.
    deanokat likes this.
  11. mmegs00

mmegs00 Member

I love the positivity here. It is great to see such a strong community helping one
    another during their difficult time. I think surrounding yourself in a positive environment
    is one of the greatest ways to beat addiction. Negativity is never good for the soul. We are all
    human, which means at one point or another in our lives we face obstacles, but our true character shines
    through when we help others. Like it has been said before, great job everyone.
    deanokat likes this.
  12. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

And because of your post, I suddenly remember these poignant lines from Max Ehrmann's Desiderata:

You are a child of the universe,
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
    whatever you conceive Him to be,
    and whatever your labors and aspirations,
    in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.​

We all deserve to be here so I hope everyone can give themselves a chance.
    deanokat likes this.
  13. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Thanks for putting out encouraging words for everyone. Things like this really help people to see there hope and they need to take it day by day. There will be better days!
    deanokat likes this.