An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Gratitude

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Donnchadh, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Donnchadh

Donnchadh Active Contributor

I just want to share with you my gratitude for AA among many days since I joined the fellowship I managed to cope with my father's death four uncle's my cousin and a cousin's daughters death. I've just returned from a meeting after a pretty trying day in which I was able to support a family member deal with a traumatic incident. Without the support of AA I would have dealt very differently with the situation. So to AA I thank you so much for your support in helping me to be able to help others this fellowship is priceless anyone thinking about joining a group I say go for it and give it your heart and soul. Thanks to you all from the bottom of my heart xx As the saying goes Honesty will get you sober Gratitude will keep you sober xxx
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Great to hear that AA is helping you, @Donnchadh! Gratitude is a huge part of recovery, isn't it? :)
    Donnchadh likes this.
  3. Donnchadh

Donnchadh Active Contributor

Absolutely Gratitude coupled with service. Strange it took me a long time to get my head around the idea of you can't keep your sobriety unless you give it away. Today I know exactly what that means. Helping others ☺
    deanokat likes this.