An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Great New Book About Addiction

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by deanokat, Jan 17, 2019.

1. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Just an FYI that the father and son who are the subject of the book and movie Beautiful Boy (David Sheff and his son Nic), have just released a new book about addiction that's full of great information. It's called High: Everything You Want to Know About Drugs, Alcohol, and Addiction. The book is geared specifically toward young people age 10/grade 5 and up, and it does a fabulous job of providing valuable information in a very accessible format and easy-to-understand language. That said, just because this book is intended to educate young people, don't discount its value to older people, too. The information it provides is solid and would be helpful to anyone.

Below is a link to a blog post I recently wrote about this book. The blog post also contains a link to my Amazon review of the book, just in case you're interested.

http://mylifeas3d.blogspot.com/2018/12/high-everything-you-want-to-know-about.html

If you're a parent, I recommend getting a copy of this book for your kid(s). And you should read it, too. Then you should sit down and have a discussion about it. Prevention is the best way to stop addiction, and you can't start educating your kids too early.
    Jeffbovee and Dominica like this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@deanokat thanks for that! i'm sure it's an amazing book. great to see them using that addiction and recovery as an opportunity to help others.
    deanokat likes this.