An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Greetings and Salutations

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by kevinkimers, Nov 6, 2014.

1. kevinkimers

kevinkimers Community Champion

Hi,

Thought I'd introduce myself.... I am not an addict. Although I have done drugs and drank in the past quite a bit for a few years then walked away from it all without looking back. I am however the child of two alcoholic parents who both died as a result of their alcohol abuse, have aided several friends in their choice to quit alcohol and/or drugs, and still know of many who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol that I am trying to help.
    I came here in hopes of hearing your stories and to hopefully help all of you with mine. Addiction of any kind does not effect just you but those around you and hopefully knowing what your addiction is doing to them through my words will help you along in your recovery. As the old saying goes, knowing is half the battle.
  2. Juan

Juan Active Contributor

Welcome, kevinkimers,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your parents.

Every input is important. If you go around this forum you will see a lot of love, a lot of people helping each other. Some are dealing with addiction, others have already dealt with them. But in sharing our own experiences we end up getting different perspectives on how to deal with drugs, alcohol, even life. And that's the beauty of this board. Thank you for becoming a part of it.
  3. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Senior Contributor

Hi kevinkimers, welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry to hear about your parents' demise. But it's nice to hear though, that you are clean and willing to help others to be like you. Your intentions are good and you will reap great rewards. Kudos to you!