An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Greetings from Africa.

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by headmaster, Oct 7, 2014.

1. headmaster

headmaster Member

Hi,
    My name is Andrew and I am from Nairobi, Kenya. I am married with two children and I work as an online marketer. I have been struggling with alcoholic addiction for many years and hope to get help as a member of this forum.
    Cheers.
    jackslivi and Joseph like this.
  2. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Senior Contributor

Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum! You're in good company and we definitely understand you. Don't hesitate to share your experiences and we will help with the best that we could.
  3. Jen S.

Jen S. Guest

Welcome, Andrew!
    Joseph likes this.
  4. Daniel Lucky

Daniel Lucky Active Contributor

Addiction can be very powerful. I was once an addict until one day I decided enough was enough. I woke up one mourning and was feeling horrible from all the parting I did the night before and that was it. I made a commitment to myself and my kids that no more. I turned it all over to my higher power and he healed me. Believe in your self and know that life is so much easier without relying on stuff to make us feel good for a moment. Good Luck to all who struggle with addictions, I pray for you all. Anyone message me for advice and I got listening ears and an open heart! God Bless!
    Joseph likes this.
  5. Joseph

Joseph DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Welcome, Andrew. Very nice to see others from the other side of the world. I hope you are doing well. You are among good company here and I hope you can find value in our resources and conversation forums. This is a place to share your concerns and get perspectives from others, so you're welcome to share as much or as little as you'd like. The DrugAbuse.com site also provides some great informational resources that may be of value. Best of luck to you, Andrew!

Moving this thread to the Share Your Story forum.
    Jen S. likes this.
  6. MrMegistus

MrMegistus Member

Welcome Andrew!!

It's not an easy thing to deal with, but the fact that you've come on some type of social assistance site is commendable to me. From the posts and comments I've seen on this forum, you will learn a lot from the people on here, as well as possibly be able to help someone through the situations you're going through. :)
    Joseph likes this.
  7. hima

hima Member

8. frogsandlegos

frogsandlegos Active Contributor

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum!

I hope you find lots of support and encouragement here! Kudos to you for finding options to help with your addiction.

Do they have any 12 step support groups (AA) in Kenya? Or do you have a church family to turn to?

So glad you are here, and hope you can find the support/friendship you need.
  9. jackslivi

jackslivi Active Contributor

Hello and welcome!! Wow Africa. Seriously this site is the best with how worldwide it gets! Seriously everyone should be on here helping and listening. Maybe more people would actually have more respect for people. Sorry to go on such a rant, I just think this site helps not just addicts but even people who just want to help.
    Jen S. likes this.