New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hallucinating During Hangover

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Pattyxxc, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Pattyxxc

Pattyxxc Member

I drink to excess about twice a month - and I mean really overdo it. I'm 19, female, 5 foot 100 pounds and I have a super low tolerance. Tonight I over did it and I'm literally hallucinating after drinking so much. Nobody slipped anything into my drink, I'm sure of it. I was at a concert and mixed at least 5 different kinds of alcohol. I have all the regular hangover symptoms but I keep waking up screaming and thinking I'm still at the venue - I'll leap out of bed screaming at the top of my lungs and I'll panic so much. I don't know how to really explain this but it's for sure a weird one.

Anyone experience this?????
    Help
  2. -Raven-

-Raven- Member

Yes, I have experienced this, and it is utterly terrifying. I experienced this while on a girls trip that turned into a bender where I was basically drunk for 3 days straight. The last night there I couldn't sleep and kept hearing music that wasn't actually playing. You just have to wait it out. That was the last time it happened because it scared me so much I decided I needed help. I hope you are ok now.
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Pattyxxc hi there. i do hope you are doing better, and that this doesn't happen again. that has not happened to me when i used to drink....

@-Raven- that's great you reached out for help. too much can really be risky... how awful to be terrified!!

i hope you both are doing alright :)
    deanokat likes this.