An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Has Narcan come to your town yet?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by romananthonysmama, Jan 19, 2015.

1. romananthonysmama

romananthonysmama Active Contributor

I've read a lot about the Narcan nasal spray becoming available in a lot of states. It just became available in my state, and you can go to several different seminars in order to learn how to use it. Luckily, I don't think I need it since all of my friends and family are staying sober *knock on wood*, but do you think if they offer it near you, you will take advantage? I think it is amazing that something so simple can save the lives of so many. I've seen programs on how it saves people from the most fatal overdoses. With all of that being said, do you even agree with it?
  2. Plus

Plus Member

I think introducing Narcan would be a great idea in so many places. Heck, I would even keep one handy in case I saw someone who was in trouble or just in an emergency situation. You never know when you may have the chance to save a life, and that's really important to me. If they end up offering it in my state I would definitely buy one, just in case. You never know if you may witness someone who is on the verge of death or in need of some serious help because of an overdose.
  3. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

It has not entered where, I live and may even be banned where I live or it is not well known in the country and could even be not too known or popular. I am surprised,it is in nasal spray form which will be easy to use and can help in staying sober which will help many people to try to change. I think, it is in my country, could be by prescription or at pharmacy and could be cheap too buy and not cost a lot to buy.