An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Have a blessed holiday!

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Dominica, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

Wishing everyone a blessed holiday today!! Grateful for all of you!!
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Happy holidays to you as well, @Dominica! And to everyone here who celebrates! :)
    True concern and Dominica like this.
  3. Liola

Liola Senior Contributor

Happy Holidays you two and arthur.
    Feeling isolated...went to a great meeting yesterday, felt hope for liking being clean then boom...
    didn't want to face the day and stayed in bed till 1 and am not too pleasant.
    early recovery sucks. very emotional back and forth.
    no choice thank god up here. couldn't get anything if i tried. 3,600 feet up in the mountains.
    sometimes i just can't stand being in my own skin and don't even want to work out of it...stuck in a muck on xmas.
    i'll be ok...i'm cleaning a little so that helps and food would be good. keith is cooking chili and we are going to watch that new movie of matthew mcconoughy (??) white boy something...lol. Its about drugs i think which is the only thing that keeps my attention.
    my back is out so i know that is a trigger for me to want soma and i'm dragging...a trigger for a chemical boost. My forgetter keeps me only thinking that i would feel good...when actually a chemical makes me irritable (more than i am now) and there wouldn't be enough.
    i heard something in the meeting: i forgot what normal is. I think this is normal.
    i'm ok though. Just not excited. I got so used to chaos and drama and rituals that i just feel that void. I should work on my 1st step and look at the mountains....too cold but i can look from inside! wish i could post some pics here but this computer is different than mine at home and i don't know how...maybe i'll try...lets see...
    i did a holiday card below....

Attached Files:

True concern, deanokat and Dominica like this.
  4. Liola

Liola Senior Contributor

photos:
    today's sunrise
    and from the snow the other day

Attached Files:

deanokat likes this.
  5. Dominica

wow! that is absolutely gorgeous!! thank you for sharing and merry christmas!!
    deanokat likes this.
  6. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

7. True concern

True concern Community Champion

It's beautiful there
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  8. Dominica

deanokat and True concern like this.