An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Have you ever felt so sick you cried ?

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by Metalhead, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

It's been about 6 months now since my transplant. I was having kidney issues so I was diminishing tacrolimus, (0.5 mg twice a day) , whilst moving to sirolimus. Not long after the two month point of confinement had passed, the prednisolone, which has been step by step decreased to 5 mg was withdrawn. I was truly satisfied for a while, until I got the shakes, headaches, tiredness, a bit of agony in the liver area & for the most part I felt very unwell. I felt so wiped out I nearly blacked out, and for a considerable length of time everything I could do was shake and cry, I scarcely ever ate. Did any other person feel so wiped out ?
    jeremy2 likes this.
  2. Morgan

Morgan Member

I have cried many times, sometimes due to fatigue and at other times due to the feeling of dependence. It is a good thing though to vent your feelings it feels good after you do so. However, just be careful that you don't do it too often!
  3. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

I have never had any transplant done on myself or anybody that i know of. I can only imagine the agony,pain and sleepless nights that you had to endure after you underwent your operation.I hope that all is well now with you and that you're back to your normal self.
  4. elles-belles

elles-belles Community Champion

I have never personally been in such an awful situation, I do know a friend who had a kidney transplant and experienced almost similar pains such as yours and cried a lot too! It's always so hard to watch someone close to you go through such an ordeal and not be able to do anything about it. I hope that your pain subsides.
  5. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

I had some surgeries before that really really hurt, but I never cried. But I know how it feels. I'm very good at hiding my feelings. I hope you're better now and so will be your life. Best wishes!
  6. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

I have cried because I felt so ill in the past but hearing about your transplant puts things into perspective. How are you feeling now? Are you feeling any better or is the pain still there?
  7. Tournique

Tournique Senior Contributor

Fatigue can lead to crying and there is no shame into that. I would recommend letting it run it's course.
  8. 4rainydays

4rainydays Member

Yes, crying is a way to let out your emotions, please don't feel embarrassed or ashamed about it. It's natural and a healthy outlet for frustration. Is there anyway I can help? I feel really bad after reading about your complications :(
  9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

If I were also in that situation, I will definitely cry my heart out. I don't know how much pain have you been through so I don't know what to say to you. Well, I just hope you're feeling all right now.
  10. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench Community Champion

Actually, I feel like crying sometimes helps to alleviate the pain you're feelings. Like a release of sorts. Sometimes things are compounded & complicated but a nice long aggressive cry can make you feel better. I guess it's the purge theory. Like when you throw up when you are sick & you start to feel better.
  11. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Senior Contributor

After a night of binge drinking, even though I am sober by morning, for the rest of the day I am often prone to either crying or flying off the handle at others, or both - so I try to avoid others at all costs and just keep to myself, because I know the littlest thing will set me off.

The only thing that seems to work for me is to lay down with some shows on, and hope that they can distract me from all my negative thinking long enough for me to nod off and take a nap, and hopefully sleep off my post binge drinking depression a bit more.
  12. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

Hi Metalhead, I am glad you managed to have a transplant and that you are slowly on your way back to health. You've been through a lot.
    I know what it means to feel so sick that all you can do is cry and hope for the pain and the feeling of sickness to go away. I had more than 20 years of excruciating, chronic back pain that I could only manage with meditation and a very disciplined lifestyle. In the end I found a person who understood the problem in my back and helped me to almost get rid of it completely. Believe me, it's only a matter of time before you will get your energy back, and you will be able to build on that. Slowly, and with persistence, you will get there. It helps to always remember that there are many others who also suffer like you do, and that you are never alone.
  13. Nadeshiko

Nadeshiko Member

Definitely - but it was only once. It was the first day of rehabilitation - and the withdrawal symptoms hit me hard. I'm not going to go through all of the gruesome details - but if there's one thing for sure, it's that my entire body just seemed to hurt. Not to mention, my brain just seemed to be in another place. It almost scared me, and I was taken into a medics care just in case anything bad should happen. I can still remember the feeling, yet I've grown past it.
  14. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

I think crying is a natural response to pain. Tears are endemic to every human being. I've never had a transplant but I know for a fact that recovery would not be that easy. Perhaps you can switch to a different medication if the ones you are taking have pain-inducing side effects. Alternative forms of medicine are helpful to so you might consider them.
  15. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Senior Contributor

I have, but that's a long time ago. It just feels like I wanna die.
  16. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

Sometimes, whenever I cry, I feel sick, depending on why I am crying.
  17. vespid49

vespid49 Active Contributor

Yes, I have gotten so sick that I've cried. However, isn't crying a natural response to pain? So it would make sense that you're crying. And, after crying, normally I feel a lot better anyways. So I think that it's just better to get it out of your system while you can, because I'm sure you'll feel much better afterwards.
    I hope you feel better soon!
  18. Mara

Mara Community Champion

It's totally understandable if you cry, given your situation. Just let it out. Crying is like a healing balm. It will make you feel better afterwards.
  19. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

I have never had any kidney transplant but from what you have mentioned above, it must be a nerve wracking experience. Those drugs which i presume are administered to avoid the foreign organ being rejected by the host body must really have a serious side effect. Nevertheless, i hope you overcame those challenges and you made a full recovery.
  20. layton

layton Member

That is so sad. I'm sorry you had to go through that experience. I watched my dad go through a similar experience. He was in so much pain. I hope you get to feeling better.