An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Have you ever smoked spice ("Synthetic Marijuana")?

Discussion in 'Designer Drugs (Synthetic Marijuana, etc.)' started by Rub, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Rub

Rub Member

I wonder if it is popular in your country. Our government equals spice to the heroine. A lot of young guys and girls have commited suicide. Have you ever heard about it?
  2. juliaintheclouds

juliaintheclouds Active Contributor

I have never tried synthetic marijuana and I never would. Every brand and flavor has different ingredients so you are essentially smoking an unknown substance. Even though smoking weed has it's downsides I would smoke it any day instead of the synthetics and I would recommend the same to others.
  3. Rub

Rub Member

Once, we didn't have a chance to get natural marijuana so we ought to smoke the synthetics. I felt depressed and all my life seemed to me empty. So I advise everyone not to smoke it.
  4. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

It is my first time to know about Spice or this synthetic marijuana.
    Marijuana is illegal here and even it is legal, I would not want to try it even once. I do not see any need or good reason to try to.
  5. Rub

Rub Member

Do you drink? I mean some alcoholic drinks. I don't do because I have an allergy on alcohol,so there's no way for me avoiding smoking a weed.
  6. blur92

blur92 Senior Contributor

I tried it a number of times several years ago. I was at the angsty, rebellious adolescent stage as well as battling depression and possibly bipolar or borderline personality disorder. I did not have much regard for my well being. Also, this was before its negativity was expressed through media. The first time I did it was terrifying. I had no clue where I was even though I had been there tons of times since my childhood. Another notable time I was at a friends house. Everything appeared 2-D, and I was trying to explain to her the world was like The Simpsons. Then, one of my buddies left and rear ended someone. I freaked out thinking the cops were going to come there. I spent a good while on the bathroom floor about to puke. In conclusion, do not mess with it. It is not a fun experience.
  7. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdana Senior Contributor

I've never heard of this before, but it seems crazy. I know that there are a lot of kids in my area who are switching over from weed to the vape pens that have the flavorings in them, since you can legally smoke those and you can't get kicked out of school for the vape pen while you can with weed. I don't think that's what you're talking about though, because the vape pens aren't supposed to be deadly and super dangerous.
  8. blur92

Well, the vape pens or electronic cigarettes can hold weed, but as you said it is illegal. The vapes are illegal if the person smoking it is underage. They basically contain nicotine and several other chemicals that are not as unhealthy. They do not get you high. Their intention is to ween someone off of cigarettes. Synthetic marijuana, on the other hand, is a combination of various and usually unknown chemicals. Many of those chemicals have major, negative consequences as shown in the news.
  9. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

I have tried multiple blends of synthetic cannabinoids and I enjoyed them, but that's because I didn't smoke a random pack that you get at a smoke shop; my friend evenly sprayed it on some damiana. Because the packs are labeled "not for human consumption", the companies don't have to evenly dose the substrate which can lead to uneven and unhealthy doses. You also have no idea what synthetic cannabinoid you're getting.

With that said, I wouldn't smoke them again. I've had my fun with them.
    blur92 likes this.
  10. fliktor7

fliktor7 Member

Honestly, I have never heared about that synthetic marijuana xS

I have smoked normal marijuana, and I don't think that was good for my health, but at least is a natural drug, the "synthetic" word makes me think bad things about it xS
  11. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

This is called the appeal to nature fallacy. In the same way that natural things aren't inherently harmless, synthetic things aren't inherently harmful.
    blur92 likes this.
  12. LitoLawless

LitoLawless Senior Contributor

I've heard of it before and I've actually had a chance to try it. It tastes really fake (think artificial flavors compared to natural flavors) and even the high is weird compared to regular weed. I only did it one time and I would never do it again.
  13. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I do not drink any alcoholic beverages. I have tried to taste some of those like the beer, wine and some hard drinks but just to taste it and not really drink it. That was years ago and so, I have not drink or tasted any alcoholic beverages for years because I do not like the taste.
  14. blur92

Cyanide is natural yet it's dangerous too. The appeal to nature fallacy irks me. I have come across a few people who discourage the use of antidepressants because it isn't nature but claim marijuana is harmless.
    Rob93FL likes this.
  15. Dola91

Dola91 Member

For no apparent reason, I've never tried spice or anything other than weed. I couldn't imagine smoking synthetic "purple" if you catch my drift. Life is good.
  16. Clair

Clair Member

I do not smoke at all but I have been around many people who do smoke marijuana.I have heard of synthetic marijuana and in total have heard of 3 people dying from smoking it, the combination of various chemicals alone is a red flag.I also advise not to smoke synthetic marijuana the amount of people dying is proof that it is really a bad idea to smoke thia garbage.
  17. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

I have never tried any sort of synthetic marijuana at all, even back when I was a regular marijuana smoker. I'm not sure if SPICE is still legal in the UK but I have known a few people who used it and were completely messed up on it. They experienced very severe withdrawal symptoms which they claimed were worse than the withdrawal symptoms from other drugs, such as crack and heroin. They were also very worried about the state of their health from consuming the stuff. I would recommend that anyone considering trying this evil stuff stays well away from it. I don't condone using the real thing either but this stuff is much worse.
  18. elles-belles

elles-belles Community Champion

I have never heard of synthetic marijuana but it sounds a bit dangerous to me. I don't think I would ever try it either especially as it sounds to me like it does more harm than good really!
    Thank you for the share, very informative.
  19. Shimus

Shimus Community Champion

Yes. I've smoked "Spice" is another name for K2, the synthesized strain of THC. It's a very intense five minute buzz/head high, and then it leaves you with kind of a headache and the yearning to smoke more. Most people only pack two hits into a one-hitter type of pipe and chief it down. This allows for an energetic "stoned" feeling and thus is why people attempt it. It can cause chemical imbalances, however. And it's been known to harm the physiology of the normal human. I cannot recommend it, or the usage of it.
  20. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

I've never smoked it either. I've smoked plenty of natural marijuana in my lifetime but I wouldn't go near this. You just don't know what is in there do you? The best marijuana I ever smoked was from a friends organic grow. There were no chemicals used at all and the cannabis was as close as you could get to the plants that grow in the wild.