An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Have you ever tried to listen to classical music?

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by 003, May 1, 2015.

1. 003

003 Community Champion

Every time I would listen to classical music, I just get inspired. I think it's like magic also. It induces one to be inspired and feel like he can do superhuman feats. Every time that I feel down and weak, every time I feel like I don't want to do it anymore, every time, I feel like I wanna get back, I just listen to it, and there, I'm back on track, inspired and strengthened.
  2. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Community Champion

Some of the most powerful music comes in the form of classical music, though it takes some thought and consideration to truly appreciate this music. Not everyone likes classical music, but that sometimes means they haven't found the right classical music to listen to. I'm a fan of the genre myself, although i won't go out of my way in order to listen to classical if something else is on the radio or on my playlist.
  3. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

I like classical music but it's not the genre I listen to whenever I feel depressed or want to be enlightened. I usually listen to Enya and other new age beats. At times, I prefer instrumental music like the Japanese koto music. New age and instrumental stringed music are really soothing to the ears and heart.
  4. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

Music does sooth the savage beast. It's great that you have found something that make you at peace. Whenever life gets you down you have something to turn to make you feel better and bring your spirits up.
  5. adfnio

adfnio Community Champion

Classical music is cool. I can see myslef listening to it and trying to unwind while take a hot shower. That would be a perfect meditiation period.
  6. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

As a matter of fact, yes, I have. I confirm everything you say about classical music. It's soothing, relaxing, inspirational and mesmerizing. Not many people are capable of appreciating the beauty of that type of music. Props to you for defying the stereotype.
  7. E.Mil

E.Mil Community Champion

Classical music is very relaxing. I like to listen to it sometimes and have find it to be serene.
  8. calicer1996

calicer1996 Community Champion

Is Beethoven considered classical? Because I love to put Beethoven in the background while I go about doing my daily chores.
  9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

There have been a lot of researches proving that classical music could really make a person feel relaxed and be in a good mood. I am not really a huge fan of classical music, but I do appreciate this genre.
  10. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

I do enjoy it from time to time. It’s not usually my go-to, but I do find that it relaxes and soothes me. Well, some of it, anyway. Stuff like “Mars (The Bringer of War)” has a different effect, haha. But it’s still therapeutic. I think I might put some on right now.
  11. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

I very rarely listen to classical music. Whenever I listen to it, the melodies just seem to have a weird affect on my brain and it feels weird listening to it. Not sure why that happens but its just hard to explain.
  12. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I find for me classical music is just very relaxing. I'm not sure about inspiring, because I wouldn't say I get the motivation to go out and run a marathon or anything crazy like that - but it does make me feel much more calm than usual. I find that is a good enough reason for me to listen to it, though!
  13. calicer1996

calicer1996 Community Champion

It was classical music in the first place that pushed me to learn guitar. I love playing that on my guitar. Calms my head and everyone around me.
  14. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Community Champion

I love classical music, it is motivational for me and it is a piece of art that I've always appreciated in my life. I also hear my girlfriend sometimes playing classical music.