An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Have you heard of this Suboxone shot?

Discussion in 'Opiate Withdrawal Treatment' started by DoxyMom, Nov 15, 2019.

1. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

It has been advertised all over the TV. It's a 30 day injection. I don't know who the manufacturer is but that would be interesting. It's nice to have more choices but this is the first time I've seen an ad. I don't see Suboxone, Vivotrol or Methadone ads. If Purdue makes this I wouldn't be surprised.
    Onceaddicted77 and True concern like this.
  2. DoxyMom

It is called Sublocade.
    Onceaddicted77 and True concern like this.
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

Very interesting and worth looking into
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  4. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

I have heard about it. I think the average is a 300mg shot and I've read people dont feel withdrawl for months even though it's supposed to last only 30 days at 10mg a day.

Some people are still seeing the metabolites in their urine and failing tests for up to 3 months after the shot.

I think it could be a good thing though.
    True concern likes this.
  5. Onceaddicted77

When I quite suboxone One of the biggest habits that was hard to break was still feeling like Im missing or needing something in the morning before I can start my day.

This shot I could see how it could help get past that without the added stress of not really having anything.
    Joshstillclean and True concern like this.
  6. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

sublocade is starting to really gain ground around here. doctors can have more patients this way i belive tho im not sure on that one.
    but i have a "friend" that got it and he says he can bust trough it with other shots like he couldnt on the strips, not sure its as strong but i wouldnt know. i havent wanted to try it. a shot that lasts that long sounds scary to me because what if i had a bad reaction it makes me wonder how long the reaction would be...
    i know the clinic here isnt doing it so ill stick with what the clinic has but i am for sure soing more research on it.
  7. Onceaddicted77

Yea reaction was a major concern. From what I read you can only get it if you have been on buprenorphine already for some time.

Some people have said they took the shot once and claimed they never took it again and never experienced any withdrawl after.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  8. Joshstillclean

now that sounds awsome. like something i could be eligible for.
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  9. DoxyMom

What concerns me is the advertising. Like I said before you don't see that with other forms. Again I'm curious as to the manufacturer. I'm going to bring this up at group tomorrow.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  10. Joshstillclean

i didnt really see that as a concern but now that you bring it up again i see it as a major cncern.
    Purdue and im outta there. imagine them covering themselves with something even more dangerous...