An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hello, Everyone!

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by doxie, Apr 9, 2016.

1. doxie

doxie Member

Hello! I decided to join this site because I dealt with addiction several years ago. It never got too bad, but I know how hard it is to deal with. So I hope to help some others deal with it. I also know several people, including family members, that are currently abusing substances, so it would be helpful for me to get some answers on how I could support them.

Thank you for reading!
    bhu likes this.
  2. CryingCanary

CryingCanary Active Contributor

Hello and welcome! I'm new here as well and I've been reading through some threads this past hour and you've come to the right place, my friend. This forum is full of understanding people and I'm sure you'll find the support and answers you need here. Enjoy your stay!
  3. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

Hello, welcome to this forum! I'm really glad that you're here for such a good reason as helping other people. I'm also happy for you to overcome your addiction successfully. Keep it up!
    I'll see you around here :).
  4. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Welcome to the forum. :)
    Good to know that you were able to get rid of the addiction and you can really be an inspiration for those who suffer from addiction and wanting to be sober.
  5. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Welcome to the forum, doxie! The community needs more members like you who are willing to lend an ear to their problems. You know how it was like, so you will empathize with them better. See you around!
  6. doxie

doxie Member

Thank you all for your warm welcome :) I really appreciate it!
    kassie1234 likes this.
  7. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

How awesome that you want to help others - I love that about this community! So many of us have struggled with addiction personally, or have family or friends that are battling it - and yet we all still want to support and uplift others. Love that compassion! <3
  8. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@doxie... Welcome to the community and thanks for wanting to help others. We're glad you're here! It's always a blessing when others want to share their experiences and make a difference for those who are struggling. I hope to see you around the various discussions here. And I hope you're able to learn things that will allow you to help your family members, too.
    bhu likes this.
  9. Bozz

Bozz Active Contributor

Well done with dealing you addiction :)
    You experience and advice is worth alot.
    I hope you're able to help your family and make you happy knowing they're getting better
  10. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Hello and welcome to the group. It is always great to have people who can help others dealing with their addictions. Somebody who has been there and understand what others are dealing with. This is a great site with a lot of wonderful, supportive people.
  11. bhu

bhu Active Contributor

Hello and welcome, @doxie. I'm glad you're here. Thanks for sharing your story. Your motivation to help your family, friends and others is admirable. You're definitely in the right place. The very purpose of recovery communities is to be there with experience, strength and hope for those living with and recovering from addiction, as well as their friends and families. We can do together what we cannot do alone. I look forward to reading your posts.
  12. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

@doxie Hello and welcome to this forum! I am telling you that you had came to the right forum of non judge mental people who are always there to listen and to give any piece of good advice that they had coming from their own experiences and from the experiences coming from the people they knew in their life. This community is great and everybody is welcome to join and to learn something new in their life.
  13. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Hello @doxie and welcome to the forum! You must be a really strong person to be able to deal with drugs and overcome them on your own. Feel free to browse through different sub-forums and read different threads and comments. Perhaps you'll find the answers you seek, learn from what our other members shared and use your learning to help your family members with drug issues. All the best!
  14. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

Welcome to the community. I understand that it's very hard to deal with the urges. Whenever you need any help, feel free to post in this forum. We are all here to help you. We will try our best to support you. Hopefully, you will find all the answers.
  15. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you decided to join us, it's always nice to have people like you (who can serve as an example) to join our ranks :) I like to think we are making a difference by being in this forum and offering support over the internet to people struggling with addiction. Good for you! Looking forward to seeing you around :)