New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hello, I am new. Here is my story.

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Anonymous2001, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Anonymous2001

Anonymous2001 Member

I am a 16 year old male and I recently got a paraphernalia charge in April of 2017, wen't to court in may that following month. They told me to do a chemical dependency program and I did. I got told to go to outpatient treatment. Months later (december)I was finally put in treatment, I am still an active smoker because I haven't got a urine test yet. I don't wan't to quit, I believe it does help better than being all jacked up on medications such as Zolaft and anti-depressants. I mean people say you should not depend on marijuana but lets think here, it was put on this planet for a reason, it helps, and its not man made, the government wont legalize it cause there making billions off pills and other drugs!
    touchofgrey92 likes this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Anonymous2001 hello and welcome. thanks for sharing. there are mixed reviews when it comes to marijuana use as opposed to prescription drugs.... i have my own pros and cons for each... i have a couple friends who use medical marijuana for anxiety and sleep... i also know of some people who have no clue how to find pure, safe marijuana and some get bad stuff.... synthetic and such and that's quite dangerous.... my daughter tried it once and ended up in the ER paralyzed for about an hour and they had no clue why. they said she did too much, but others debated that... but it scared the heck out of her.... and she will never touch it. so, if one is going to smoke, be sure it's safe...

i also know a couple others who are addicted to it and wish they weren't. they rely on it and smoke it all the time and don't want to.

so yeah, different situations for everyone...

thanks for sharing....and i hope you are doing well.
  3. Anonymous2001

Anonymous2001 Member

@Dominica your daughter must have had gotten some laced weed, because I smoke pure weed that has only been treated with organic pestasides and fertalizers. I have been tricked into smoking k2 and felt the same way.
  4. Anonymous2001

Anonymous2001 Member

You have to smoke weed more than a few times to actually get the effects of it. When i smoke it i feel amazing, happy, i want to engage in activities with my family, i want to create stuff and whatnot and these effect can be achieved by just injesting cbd (cannbis oil) where you dont get the high but you just feel great in general!
  5. Anonymous2001

Anonymous2001 Member

I know you probably dont want to take my words seriously since im just a kid. But it is not the age it is very well the miles!
  6. Dominica

@Anonymous1 hi. thanks for sharing... i think at 16 you are a young adult... :) and i value your opinion. i do hope you can steer clear from negative consequences for smoking (if you do)...and should you ever get addicted, know that you can reach out for help in stopping... have a great day!
  7. touchofgrey92

touchofgrey92 Member

Its safer than most things young man, but dont give ANY substance too much credit. Part of being your age is rooting for the underdog. When I was 16, I just loved to hear myself talk about weed. Over and over and over and over and over.........and over again. Focus on being the best person you can be man. You'll be just fine.
    Dominica likes this.
  8. Anonymous2001

Anonymous2001 Member

*sigh* idk what to do
  9. Anonymous2001

Anonymous2001 Member

i have a chins petition going through and if its approved i have no choice but to quit
  10. Dominica

@Anonymous2001 but this may be a wonderful thing in the long run.... i hope you can view it with a positive perspective... being addicted to things can weigh heavy on us over time...
  11. @Anonymous2001 At 16 I was in your exact same position. I loved smoking weed and at the time had very similar beliefs on weed. I hated antidepressant and how they made me feel and definitely thought weed was the answer to all of my problems. As time went on weed became less appealing and I began drinking and popping other pills. Needless to say, I ended up with a bad addiction to pills which led me into a psych ward and rehab. If I would've listened to advice from people like @Dominica I would have spared myself years and years of pain. If you are already got with paraphernalia take it as a sign and consider getting sober. Hang in there, there is a lot more to life than just smoking pot with your friends.
    Dominica likes this.