New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hello, I have a question about withdrawl.

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Anonymous2001, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Anonymous2001

Anonymous2001 Member

I have been using marijuana every day for the past six months, so I figure my body has come accustomed to marijuana. Anyways, I have severe anxiety and yesterday around 5 pm I had an intense headache, and I was kind of nauseous. I hadn't used marijuana for about 12 hours before 5 pm. My point is, is it possible to have withdrawal symptoms within hours after use with high anxiety?
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Anonymous2001 hey there! thanks for reaching out. anxiety is a withdrawal sign... but it's tough to know for sure if yours was from the withdrawal or maybe another factor... some people do experience high anxiety b/c their minds are racing with thoughts like "omg, am i really going to be able to quit?" "this is hard" "i want to get high!" "how will i cope?" and so on. the thoughts can increase anxiety big time...

i'm attaching link to an article that may help...

are you seeking to stop permanently? how are you doing today?

https://drugabuse.com/library/marijuana-withdrawal/
  3. Anonymous2001

Anonymous2001 Member

I had anxiety prior to starting use of marijuana
  4. Anonymous2001

Anonymous2001 Member

@Dominica i can tell you right now, after school im gonna smoke a bowl to take the edge off...still having trouble quitting.
  5. Dominica

@Anonymous2001 Hey there... I do hope you can stop... I know recovery is not a straight line... It's a zig zag line... Keep trying.. :)
  6. There are no physical withdrawal symptoms from marijuana, however, the psychological withdrawals can be very painful. With time your nerves will calm down, try exercising or doing something fun. Smoking that bowl will be awesome for the moment but after you will feel twice as bad... trust me.
  7. Anonymous2001

Anonymous2001 Member

I know but its the best hour of my life,no stress, anxiety, etc.
  8. That is only 1 hour out of the 24 in a day. In my opinion, you either go all out with it or not do it at all. You either quit smoking weed or you don't you are just playing yourself at this point.
    Dominica likes this.
  9. Dominica

@Anonymous1 if there's one thing i know about mind altering substances, it's that they stunt personal growth... when i hit a rough patch in my mid 30's, i was in a lot of emotional pain.. sure, pot and booze would have been nice to numb out for a while...even an hour!

but you know what? i was sick and tired of being unhappy.... and i wanted to be happy for no reason.... and i didn't want to rely on drugs (alcohol included) the rest of my life to FEEL .... or not feel...

i knew every puff or drink would keep me from ever really feeling happy for no reason.... and that's what made me NOT DO IT.... oh, ok, i did drink a few times to cope, and each time i felt awful... so i would always think before doing that again (do i really want to do this? will it really make my life better?)

so i chose sobriety..i chose to dig deep and deal with issues... i chose counseling... and it's been years now and for the most part, i am happy... for no reason other than i'm breathing. that feels good!!
    Benjaminharold likes this.
  10. Anonymous2001

Anonymous2001 Member

I am so proud of yall but some just cant pull out
  11. Proud of you bud. Hang in there, everything happens for a reason.
  12. Dominica

@Anonymous2001 well, we are here for you no matter what you do or don't do! :)