An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hello

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by ChristianAnthony, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Hey guys, I'm new here so I thought I'd share my little story. I'm only 18, but I've been abusing opiates and painkillers for a couple of months, so I'm not a long time addict. I've been clean for about a week now, and I'm already starting to feel a lot better
    stariie likes this.
  2. TommyVercetti

TommyVercetti Community Champion

Hey Anthony, welcome!

You've come to the right place; I know from personal experience that things are going to get tougher in the next few weeks before they start getting better.

If you ever feel like you're losing your grip on recovery, come here and post some stuff; talk about anything and everything with us. We're always here to help.

Good luck!
  3. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

Welcome ChristianAnthony. I like your name. You are at such a precious age. You have the whole world ahead of you too. I am happy that you came here to the forum to seek help and support.

There will be others who will be joining in. Again, welcome.
  4. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Good for you that you were able to stop taking those drugs. You are a living example that self-control and discipline is enough to bring about a positive change in one's life and no professional help is needed. I wish you all the best in your chosen path, and don't ever take drugs again, it's for your own good.
  5. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Welcome Christian. I am happy to hear you are making progress and feeling better while getting yourself clean. Thanks for sharing your story. I have no doubt you have come to the right place. In this community, you will find people who are caring and sharing. I look forward to reading more about your full recovery, one step at a time.
  6. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

Welcome to the forums! I am glad that you have been able to be clean for a week. Painkillers are definitely something that should not be messed around with at all. If you need anything, you can talk to anyone here!
  7. jon

jon Active Contributor

I am glad to hear that. I bet you have a lot more mental clarity and are able to do more intellectual activities than before, with more clarity. Things that would have otherwise been more difficult if you were still using.
  8. I've actually been able to do my computer science homework a little bit quicker. It's extremely nice. Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes!
  9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I'm really glad to know that you have finally considered quitting taking substances much earlier, before it ruins your life. Keep walking through the path towards recovery. Have a great life! :)
  10. jon

jon Active Contributor

That's great that you have laid off of the pain pills for as long as you have. Pain pills are not good for your thinking skills. I am glad you choose to stop.
  11. trueknowledge

trueknowledge Active Contributor

That is absolutely wonderful to hear. I've heard something about going without it for two weeks makes it even more easier. Keep it up man, you can do it and also welcome to the forum.
  12. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

That is definitely good to hear! Keep us posted!
  13. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

Hello! It's awesome that you're not afraid to admit your addiction. You won't believe how many people are in a much worse place than you are and are yet reluctant to acknowledge their situation. One week off painkillers and opiates is a great start. Next milestones are two weeks, a month, 3 months and before you know it, an year has passed. Once you get there, you'll forget you even started taking drugs in the first place. Good luck.
  14. stariie

stariie Community Champion

You're very young, it's good that you're stopping bad habits before they can get a good hold on you. I was addicted to pain pills for years, they can be tough to beat, but so rewarding when you do overcome being weak for them. Good for you, keep up the good work :)