An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Help and support without being judged for struggling with addiction.

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Cheeki~T, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Cheeki~T

Cheeki~T Member

I'm really struggling on a daily basis, well I say daily but money is the real problem, I started off with getting addicted to heroin many years ago, now these past few years it escalated into crack and heroin addiction, I've been on Subutex then relapsed and found it far too difficult to get back on the subs, so now I'm on a methadone script. Heroin isn't the real problem, it's the crack that's got a strong hold over me but I mentally can't just smoke the w I have to have h to level my mind out with the come down from the w, I just really don't know how to overcome this, I'm fine without it when I'm skint, I'm a happy go lucky person but soon as payday nears, those demons are back, then I blow all moneys and then feel down for days over scoring. I don't talk to anybody about it, I just beat my self up each and every time. It's a vicious circle that I just don't know how to change. Anybody who has been where I am please tell me how and where to begin getting my life back as I'm sure many addicts have done so. : - (
  2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

Base on my materialistic mentality, I though I was a happy go lucky person, where I was successful in business and a world class athlete. When I finally realized via self-examination, that my addiction(s) were a symptom of “I’m not enough-ism”, I eventually overcame my addiction.

My method of self-examination was basically a combination psychotherapy and the 12 Step model which is over 2000 years old, it’s Judeo Christian. This method is not exclusive for addicts, it can help anyone live a purposeful life.