An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Help getting clean

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Northwoods, Jul 24, 2019.

1. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@Northwoods hello and welcome. The evil opiods will keep you in this cycle unless you get help. We promise we don't want that withdrawal again until next time. Plus your secrets keep you sick. You need help to stop. Coming here is a great first step. I finally went to a methadone clinic. I'm 4 months clean. When the time comes I will taper slow and safe. I have weekly groups and one on one counseling. I'm being blunt here but you are setting yourself up for more relapse. I pray it works this time but if not seek help.
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@DoxyMom congrats on 4 months you are a SUPER STAR
  3. DoxyMom

Thanks so much buddy! I couldn't of done it without all of you
    Dominica, Onceaddicted77 and deanokat like this.
  4. True concern

Addicts helping addicts its a wonderful thing to share with others who understand the struggle and can help provide avenues to overcome
    Dominica, Onceaddicted77 and deanokat like this.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

This is so damn true.
  6. deanokat

Thinking of you today, @Northwoods. And sending you lots of encouragement and strength. We're always here for you. Remember that!
  7. True concern

Don Henly mentions this in "Hotel California"

"We are all prisoners of our own devices"
    Joshstillclean and Dominica like this.
  8. deanokat

I thought he was talking about cell phones/computers/tablets. ;)
  9. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Moderator Community Listener

Hehe true as well.
  10. True concern

Damnit this is funny and upsetting at the same time:D
    deanokat and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  11. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

I'm honestly confused. I'm obviously not getting something. I was talking about pleasure at our expense. Our addictions.
    I though it was a woman that kept the character in the hotel in that song.
    Am I just way off here?
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  12. True concern

"Prisoners of our own devices"

Drugs-pills-hookers-Alcohol,etc they make us prisoners and we willingly pick which one
    Joshstillclean, deanokat and Dominica like this.
  13. True concern

14. Northwoods

Northwoods Member

Hello everyone,

I came here last week at 4 days clean, a week later and we are on the 11th day of clean living!! I went with a healthy diet, tons of water, some melatonin, and exercise. I am Still having some mild withdrawal symptoms but they are way way way better than last week. There is still a touch of nausea and some very mild anxiety when I wake up in the morning. I would say the most difficult part is the trouble with sleep. Each night is a little better. Falling asleep isn't the issue its waking up 2-3 hours after initial bed time and not being able to fall back asleep again.

Any time a craving comes into my head I remind myself I am not going through this hell again and put my mind on something else. I am committed to staying on the right track!

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and support you have given me.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Dominica, deanokat and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  15. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Moderator Community Listener

That's awesome @Northwoods glad you are doing it! Congrats on 11 days proud of you!
    It gets better day by day, like you said just focus on being happy about your sobriety everyday and never forget! I'm extremely happy for you.
  16. deanokat

A big virtual high-five is coming your way, @Northwoods. Congrats on your 11 days of sobriety! I'm super proud of you! Keep taking things one day at a time and know that you are doing something wonderful for yourself. And remember: We're always here if you need us for anything.

Happy Hump Day!!!! Have a great rest of the week! :)
    Dominica, DoxyMom and Northwoods like this.
  17. DoxyMom

@Northwoods congrats on day 12! You feel like that in the morning because of habit. You always felt that way. Many times your cravings will come at specific times that you used. You are awesome! Keep doing what you are doing.
    Dominica, deanokat and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  18. True concern

4-6 months for sleep to regulate,I've been there... I'm there again but it takes about half a year my friend
    deanokat likes this.
  19. Northwoods

Northwoods Member

Today is day 18. Still going strong! I feel much better. Lack of sleep is really my only lingering symptom. The cravings come and go, I am staying mentally tough! Thanks everyone.
  20. True concern

Incredibly proud of you my friend,sleep will come back ...it takes 4-6 months to regulate. I sleep like 2-3 hours a night 6 days a week than roughly 1 day a week I crash for like 8-10 hours
    Onceaddicted77, Dominica and deanokat like this.