An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Help getting off cocaine in diar straights?!

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Michael pool, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Michael pool

Michael pool Member

I’m 29. Trying to get off cocaine. It’s destroying me. Bit embarrassed...
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Welcome to the site,@Michael pool so i understand the feeling of addiction destroying you because i have been there,i also understand the feeling of being embarrassed however what i have learned is we don't have to be embarrassed as we are not the only one's addiction has effected and you have already taken the first step in recovery by admitting you have a problem.This site is a great place to learn and seek advice and encouragement while on your journey of recovery.Can you let us know how long you have been struggling?How much cocaine are you currently using?Here on this site we only want to help,we do not judge we just want to be able to help as much as possible.Please reach out and we will reach back.Stay Strong and God Bless
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Michael pool... Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing. I'm proud of you for coming here and admitting that cocaine is destroying you. That's a huge step in the right direction, my friend.

@True concern is right: You don't have to be embarrassed. Addiction is not some sort of moral failing; it's a disease, and it affects millions and millions of people. You're not a bad person who needs to learn to be good, Michael; you're a sick person who needs to get well. There's a world of difference between those two things!

Let us know a little bit more about you and your addiction so we can help as best we can. Also, maybe consider checking out a Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous meeting in your area. It can be pretty helpful and comforting to be around folks who know exactly what you're struggling with.

We are here to support you any way we can. And we will always listen without judgment. So feel free to come back and post here anytime you'd like, as often as you'd like. Use us as part of your support network, okay? You can beat your cocaine addiction. I know you can. It likely won't be easy, but I can guarantee it will be incredibly worth it.

Sending you clean & sober vibes and tons of positive juju, hope, and encouragement.
    lonewolves and True concern like this.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Michael pool hey there! no need to feel embarrassed at all. addiction can impact anyone for sure.... know that we are here to help you however we can...offer you support and encouragement. great group of people here, so feel free to write and share a bit more about what's going on...

we are rooting for you!
    deanokat, lonewolves and True concern like this.
  5. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I will be doing exactly that here in a few minutes,something has been eating at me and it's to much to handle alone.I will be creating a new thread to lean on my support network as i can't stop thinking about something that is crushing me and i haven't yet talked about it in length and i have to release it because it hurts and is messing with my goal of having a sober healthy life.I need someone else's take on a memory that haunts me emotionally
    Dominica, deanokat and lonewolves like this.
  6. lonewolves

lonewolves Community Champion

I understand a bit of what you’re going through, as I’m 27 and just relapsed with coke this winter. I just wasn’t embarrassed, but only because I hid the relapse reeeeally well, but instead of embarrassment I felt pure FEAR that people would find out (which would have embarrassed me tremendously). It’s been over a month since I was able to quit again, but my boyfriend still does it around me so it’s always in the house. I don’t think life will ever be easy for addicts, but where’s the fun in easy?
    Dominica and deanokat like this.