An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Help: Long time coming.

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by AGUYGUY, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Ive never seen you suck up to power my friend. You are no sheepole brother. The context of his post was not meant in a way to degrade you. I understand what he means. No offense but i think you might have took it wrong. Your Title is Moderator and you are in power on this site.

He was giving those who have power like us a compliment that we dont let our title go to our head and dismiss everybody who has a different approach or a different opinion.

Some people in positions of power will not budge from how they think because their ego wont let them. They think well since im in power I must always be the right one.

I used to be very self rightous and it was a diservice to myself. I have since recognized that I cannot always be right and lf my assumption is that I'm always right, I have lost the ability to learn anything new.

I welcome to be challenged in my way of thinking because I enjoy learning and my mind is open. Thank you @Bullwinkle I appreciate your feedback.

Hope you have a wondreful day, My friends
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    True concern likes this.
  2. Davers

Davers Community Champion

Guy's we are all different & our DNA is different , IMO
    The bickering or just differing opinions are distracting from the OP , He needs answers & tho I don't have them Ill try to let him know , I can relate to his situation. No offence but lets try to concentrate on the OP's call for help.
    Peace .
    True concern and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  3. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Thanks @Davers :)
    True concern and Davers like this.
  4. Davers

First welcome to this site .

I'm no Dr, but I would say get to one or even a Drugstore doc in a box , that rash sounds bad , as does your other issues but it sounds like you know this already .
    Quitting Booze is a pain & different for everyone , tho I started at 13 then drank everyday from 22 y/o to 200220 (with a 2 & a half year period where I quit drinking ) but started again ...why ? IDK

I started opiates in 2000 I cut back on the drinking but drank like a fish when I had no pills .

You know after years of marking almost every holiday or 'Cool Number "OCD" ' on my calendar , The Days I was gonna quit drinking & usually gave in within a day or 2 . & After many blackouts , 2 DUI's , + just the stupid stuff I would do , I finally one day said "Hump This Stuff" & was finally as they say "Tired of being sick & tired " and quit , on Sept 12 , 2002 or 03 ???? WT, Heck I guess it's good when you can not remember it's been so long . ?

I used weed mostly & pills to compensate tho ( I do not recommend this) I started Methadone in 03 ..OK ! so I did stop drinking in 2002 cool . I still take Methadone & Xanax , I don't abuse them & I'm def dependent on these to function , I add this to say I'm no Super Man for puttin down the Booze .

It was gonna kill me ( Mom was an Alcoholic as well ) as I had no control .

All I can suggest is try to get into the Mindset to quit & do your best ( in the manner that suits you ) being in the entertainment industry would seem to make it harder but you can do it & then after awhile you can watch others get plastered & see just how bad they act & take pride you can say 'Ill Pass on the Shots ' but Thank you anyhow .

Also when I started Methadone I showed signs of Liver Damage (Bilirubin in my urine) from the Booze + Ton's of Tylenol .

You Can Quit , & before you know it it will be a week W/o then a month then a year & when tempted think of all the negatives that you will feel and the bad things that will or could happen.

I do pray you can achieve the goal that you wish to achieve.

Wish that I could help more .
    GD
  5. Davers

Cool , I just wanna try to help .

I better go & try to get something done around here or watch 'Rogan' or you-tube on the TV.

Up until last June on Sundays Id usually be out in the Woods hunting Relics oh well I plan to try this week as I detect alone so I figure there is no safer place than by myself in the woods . GD
    True concern and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly.

Richard Bach
    Davers and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  7. Davers

You got me thinking .

The 'Periodical Cicada ' stays under ground for around 17 years , to emerge one Summer day to live for a short time (a week if they are lucky) to mate ,lay eggs the die , we may not see this much but their 17 year cycle makes for a Feast of luxury for Animals , Trees , & other bugs.
    I know there is a God .

Davers
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  8. Davers

FWIW I don't "like' your situation , but like that you reached out , hope yr well & we hear from you again .
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

You may be correct @Onceaddicted77 it is possible I misunderstood and I'm willing to admit it.At times I have a hard time processing information because of this Bi-polar crap but I never purposely misunderstand (obviously)and I just pray people understand sometimes I get stuck in between, it's like a war within my own mind at time's and I often time's feel embarrassed at what I type but I said no more deletes so I won't delete it as it helps shed light on how real my struggle is..Even though it embarrasses me some time's, I'm willing to learn I'm just not as smart as some of you guys so I don't understand the language at time's and unfortunately I took offense for no reason...My apologies to all.
  10. True concern

True concern Moderator

@Davers your right,I apologize I shouldn't type when my Bi-polar act's up
  11. Davers

No Biggie .
    Or need to apologize as I have way less important things to worry about.

Oh your are a smart guy , some are just better at certain things , i'm sure you are way smarter than me on many subjects. + I do think I'm older than you so I've had more time to learn & make mistakes .
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.