An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

HELP.

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by Jp15, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Jp15

Jp15 Member

I suspect my spouse is doing something odd in our basement or garage but I don't know what and he gets irate when I confront him.

The facts:
    The bathroom in our basement is a mess of old containers that have some kind of residue in them.

He is always buying drain cleaner

The tubes from spray bottles are all over the place

The was the smell of ammonia and a haze in our house yesterday.

I found an open battery

Match residue in the drawers

He maxes out his sudafed limit every month.

Intense mood swings. Lethargy followed by hyperactivity.

Is this all in my head it does there sound like there might be an issue. Is it meth? I'm naive and don't know much about this.

Can he drive a truck and still do this without it being in a drug screen?

HELP!?
  2. hope4usmn

hope4usmn Member

I am no expert by no means, but just the little I do know, I would say if he is doing all these things, he is manufacturing meth. Have you ever asked him about it? I mean it is putting you at risk as well, it is illegal. And if he is subject to drug screens, yes meth does show on a drug test. I hope you can get some answers from him
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Jp15... I agree with @hope4usmn. It sounds like your spouse is making meth, and he is indeed putting you at risk; not only from a safety standpoint--the meth-making process is dangerous and your basement or garage could blow up--but from a legal standpoint as well. If he won't come clean to you, you may want to consider leaving or reporting him to the authorities. That's how serious this is.
  4. Black leopard

Black leopard Member

This is something you should approach with some delicate hands, other than it being very dangerous and extremely illegal it can make for a very unkind and , mean , violent and paranoid person. It does seem weird he would just start manufacturing meth. If he were in debt or had a very heavy money issue that needed to be resolved quickly this can be a quick and easy way to make money but can rip apart your lives systematically. so be careful and much safe roads ahead .
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Jp15... How are you doing? How are things with your spouse? Let us know if you get a chance.
    Looking4recovery likes this.