An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Help

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by Hurtinandshatteredgurl, May 28, 2017.

1. My husband has left me for this drug I'm so beyound hurt and I feel the pain I have no idea where he is if he is okay .i know he trying to sell it . I've never been around it but his behavior changed a lot very moody secretive always on his phone for days non stop seeking other females I'm not gonna lie this has destroyed me we been married 6 yrs longest relationship I've ever been in I can't eat or sleep. He avoiding me at all cost we have had our problems but I never thought he would do this and as each day passes it's not getting easier... he left all his stuff I mean everything ..i know I need to be strong but I'm falling apart I loved him so much what should I do it's hard to wake up wondering who is he with what's he doing is he ok I need closure
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Hurtinandshatteredgurl... Welcome to the community. I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. I know you're going through hell right now, but you have to remember what Nar-Anon and Al-Anon teach us about a loved one's addiction: We didn't cause it, we can't control it, and we can't cure it. Unfortunately, much of your husband's behavior is a result of the drug use. Drugs like meth can make people do things they never would do otherwise. It's all about the addiction and wanting to experience the high the drug gives.

I would suggest you find a Nar-Anon or Al-Anon meeting in your area and attend it. Being around other people who know exactly what you're going through and feeling can be very helpful and therapeutic. I also recommend that you do some reading on addiction. Learning more about the disease and how to deal with a loved one who is struggling with it can really help. There are some excellent books out there. I wrote about some of my favorites a while back. Here's a link to that blog:

6 Essential Books for Those with an Addicted Loved One

We're here to help and support you however we can. Please know that the most important thing you can do right now is to take care of YOU. When you have a loved one who is battling addiction, self-care is absolutely essential.

I'm sending you lots of positive vibes and hugs full of hope.