New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Help

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Honey 2605, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Honey 2605

Honey 2605 Member

I really want to stop using cocaine. I'm doing £100 a day. I don't want to go to rehab. Please any suggestions
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Honey 2605... Welcome and thanks for sharing. It's possible to quit using cocaine without going to rehab, but it's not easy. The controlled environment and structure of rehab really helps with the process; and that's what recovery is: a process.

If you absolutely don't want to go to treatment, I would suggest finding a support group in your area and attending their meetings. I would also do a lot of reading on the subject.

Can I ask you why you don't want to go to rehab? Just curious.
  3. Honey 2605

Honey 2605 Member

No body knows I do it. How can I explain going to rehab? I really want to quit but also will find it difficult going to support groups. I know I'm not being very helpful. I hate myself with the amount of money I am wasting
  4. deanokat

I get what you're saying. But what's more important to you? Overcoming your addiction to cocaine? Or what people think of you? Besides, your addiction doesn't mean you're a bad person. It means you're a sick person. You shouldn't be embarrassed or ashamed to seek help.

I hope you can overcome your fears and ask for help. I think you will be totally relieved when you finally do.

Sending you love, light, hope, and encouragement.
  5. Honey 2605

Honey 2605 Member

Thank you so much for your reply. Whilst I lay here sending this my nose is burning and I feel like ****. I'm doing £100 a day. I am going to seek help I do want this to stop x
    deanokat likes this.
  6. Honey 2605

Honey 2605 Member

I lay here every night having to drink a bottle of wine to help me sleep. I take it as it gives me energy (not for long) I'm in pain, ear ache my nose is so sore and it hurts
  7. deanokat

Don't be afraid to see a doctor, @Honey 2605. And you might want to cut back a bit on the wine, too. Maybe if you stop the cocaine, sleep will be easier for you and you can do that.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
  8. JudiB

JudiB Member

@Honey 2605 , I know you can do this. And also understand your situation to not to go to a rehab for the same. I was also in the same phase of life sometimes before. But your determination can help you a lot.

Cocaine leads to significant changes in the brain. The drug acts as a stimulant, increasing dopamine levels. Dopamine is located in the reward circuit of the brain and is associated with pleasure. When a person uses cocaine, the communication process is disrupted. Dopamine is prevented from being recycled and builds up in the brain. That makes it addiction stronger and difficult to stay away from it.

A rehab can help you a lot to overcome this as out patient treatment can help you in recovering with securing your identity.
  9. sickgirl

sickgirl Member

Hi, I went to a detox to get the coke out of my system at one point. In my state, you will not be admitted if you have no alcohol in your system, so I got drunk before I went. I got in. After that, you don't have to go to rehab. I recommend 12 step n/a Meetings. I'm addicted to crack cocaine still, but I show up because I have a desire to stop using. That is all it takes. My crazy boyfriend drinks behind my back (he thinks I don't know..) and goes with me. I hope that being around recovering coke/crack addicts will rub off on me and I'll eventually quit. Maybe you should find a therapist to talk to about your issues. You will absolutely need support, and in my opinion, the best support is from other recovering addicts. There is also cocaine anonymous, which I've been to. It helped me get clean many moons ago. I have done SO much coke and ketamine in my life that I have no cartilage left in my nose! I'm getting nose surgery soon. It's really bad. This is what will happen to you as well if you keep using. I really hope it does not! Asking for help is the first step, and you've done that. Now, make a plan of action and go for it! Free yourself from the slavery of drug abuse/addiction! Good luck:)