An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Helpful Article - Naloxone

Discussion in 'Opiate Withdrawal Treatment' started by ambernw, Oct 7, 2014.

1. ambernw

ambernw Member

I found this interesting article about Naloxone [Click Here] and what it is and how it works. I thought this would be good to put this information out there and share it with you all. :)
    Jen S. and AFKATafcar like this.
  2. Nick W.

Nick W. Community Listener Community Listener

This was a great article to start getting information. I was unsure what it was before coming here. Thank you very much for the information that you posted.
  3. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Community Champion

Interesting article. Feel free to post more articles like this for other drugs. I knew absolutely nothing about Naloxone before reading this, and now I feel at least a little bit educated on it.
  4. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

That's a great article. I guess this should be distributed to people who are addicted to prescription drugs, a situation which I want to fully understand. Prescription drug addiction is rare in my country, although you see the usual drug addiction cases here.
  5. Jen S.

Jen S. Guest

Thanks for posting this, ambernw!
  6. Nick W.

Nick W. Community Listener Community Listener

It took me awhile before I connected the dots with this and "Narcan" but now that I have I can tell you that this drug is a mess. Working as an EMT in Philadelphia, this was THE most common drug stolen from ambulances across the city. Not only does it help in a crisis, but it gives the user the ability to abuse, and re-abuse, at an alarming rate. Nothing we had on our ambulance had a higher value than "Narcan". Dangerous to say the least.
  7. Determined2014

Determined2014 Senior Contributor

That drug was news to be , but now am fully aware of it , thank you for the information.
  8. Joseph

Joseph DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

9. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I now know more about the drug, and what it is and how it works in our body. I hope, people do not misuse the drug, it can happen so caregivers or close family will have to monitor the person who needs it. The drug is cheaper to buy and will get people to be withdrawn from the drugs and turn away hopefully. The article was nice, and gave me more knowledge of the drug and what it can do for someone who is trying to break free.