An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Herbal Remedy to Overcome Drug Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by kevinkimers, Nov 7, 2014.

1. kevinkimers

kevinkimers Community Champion

2. thomas carty

thomas carty Member

This is a really good article. Thank you for sharing it!
  3. megankl

megankl Active Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing this article. I have been trying to find a good remedy for a while now. I have tried a couple that I really didn't enjoy - but this one is completely different so I will be for sure giving it a whirl. Thanks again!
  4. Determined2014

Determined2014 Senior Contributor

That is a real good article, I am sure that it is going to help many peopl, finaly something that you can do inthe confort of your house.
  5. Jen S.

Jen S. Guest

Thanks for sharing this, kevinkimers.
  6. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

Thanks for the tip guys, I never knew that herbal remedies existed for people with drug issues. With herbal med being the new fad, i expect a renewed zeal in accessing these natural remedies.
  7. Lexi

Lexi Member

Another thing you can do to ease yourself through the process is to change your diet. Healthy fats and green veggies are what the body needs. Green vegetables are a great source of amino acids and they combined with healthy fats to create strong protein cells throughout the body. Having a stronger body will not hurt, that's for sure.

People are so quick to turn to pills and medication before looking into correcting their diet.

Great article! This is a must read for anyone that has a drug/alcohol addiction. Thank you for posting it.
  8. DancingLady

DancingLady Community Champion

Greens are also great for general detoxing, so I would think they would be really helpful for drawing out drug related toxins as well. Anything that helps the liver work better will definitely aid someone in getting through withdrawal.
  9. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Nice, thanks for sharing this link here.
    It is always good to read this kind of articles that there could be herbal remedies. More better if these kind of herbal remedies are proven by some already.
  10. jsscjcbs

jsscjcbs Member

Did you also know that ayahuasca, the herbal tea of the amazon is also widely known and used for getting over alcohol and drug addiction. It has been very effective in this and used for centuries. Not only does it cure these addictions but if also heals a person of deep emotional disturbances and situations that may have damaged them from the past. I have tried it at least four times and I do recommend it. Its a great experience.
  11. oraclemay

oraclemay Community Champion

I think it is very interesting that you can use herbal remedies to help get over addictions. We need whatever remedies we can find to help each other through these hard times. This will surely be a great help and comfort to many.
  12. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiers Senior Contributor

Thank you for sharing. I'm sure this will help a lot of people. Many addicts never seek help for their ailments because they do not want to admit that they are overcoming an addiction. This gives them options that can help alleviate their suffering during detox.
  13. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Thanks for the link this looks good. I need to do a detox of a dental anesthesia. It had some pretty brutal side effects when I got it so this is going to help with that. I can't wait to get the residuals out from this. Drugs stay in the body decades if you don't detoxify them out of your body. They effect you so much. How you think and feel. Even pharmaceuticals can do this to you.
  14. Nate5

Nate5 Active Contributor

Thanks for the article. Personally, I'm a bit skeptical of herbal remedies, especially when they're being used in weight loss diets and what not. This seems pretty legitimate though. None of my friends have heard of these, but they all say to see a doctor before you pursue any of your own treatment paths.
  15. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiers Senior Contributor

I'm all for hollistic remedies - but honestly I am a bit skeptical when it comes to finding herbal remedies for combating withdrawal symptoms. But hey, if they work for someone - that's awesome.
  16. notodrugs

notodrugs Community Listener Community Listener

Thanks kevinkimmers for sharing this informative and useful link. I've always believed in herbal medicines and any natural remedies and alternatives for curing illnesses. My grandma was a herbalist sort-of-person. People from her hometown used to come to her for treatment and they almost always got cured with her prescription of herbal meds. I've grown up with them even her back and tummy massages to soothe my pains. She just rubbed using leaves I couldn't even remember the names of, much more how they look. :-( I got better. So I'll always give it a go for their possible cure to aid withdrawal symptoms.
  17. 003

003 Community Champion

I am strongly confident with the power of herbal and teas especially with their effect on the mind. When I am anxious, I just drink tea or steam my face with some herbals. Then I'd feel good and I'd come up with bright ideas to address my anxiety. When I need an immediate mental or physical boost, I resort to tea. When I need to decompress without me going into a sleep, I smell a herbal aroma. Herbal really do have a positive effect on me, so I believe that it's really going to help one to overcome and feel comfort during that dire and painful withdrawal.