An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Heroin Addicts Looking For Toe Tag

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by melody, Feb 5, 2016.

1. melody

melody Active Contributor

I heard the most awful thing today. There was a gentleman on the street asking another for toe tag. I found it odd and asked some friends about it. As I suspected, Toe Tag is the street name for a type of heroin that recently swept the area. It was so deadly that it killed groups of people at a time, and daily. It seems like it is off the streets ( I don't know the formal name for it). But, people are still looking for it. Heroin addicts seem to want it. I am told they think that if it can kill people it is good stuff, and the people who died were just stupid. I guess I can not be surprised to hear this. I am just saddened.
  2. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Never heard of toe tag before. Don't think it's surfaced in my area.
    Next time I volunteer @ outreach I will ask about it.
    Did it get that name because of the death associated with it?
    melody likes this.
  3. danjon

danjon Senior Contributor

I imagine if it's as deadly as some suggest it is, then the potential customer base will very quickly dry up. Most pushers realize this as well, which is why selling poor quality - or at the very least, deadly - gear is a false economy for them. Really sad to hear that this is a thing though.
  4. melody

melody Active Contributor

Yes, I can not remember the official name for it. I was not really paying attention. However, there was a two week period of time where multiple deaths occurred in the same home. Where, three or four people would die at once, using the same heroin. That is why the street users named it Toe Tag, because it killed that many people. I don't understand why you would want a drug that would probably kill you. @danjon you would have thought that. But people wanted it, even after so many died. However, the DEA came in and started doing wide sweeps. They also convicted a dealer of murder for selling this junk to people who later died from it. If you sell toe tag, an someone dies, and they find out you sold it to em, you will be arrested and tried for murder now.