An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Heroin In Our Streets

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Observant, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Observant

Observant Member

It seems heroin is on the rise and has taken hold of teens and young adults. From the ages of 18 to 30 there is a huge increase in heroin use and overdose. The needle exchange program was discovered recently due to the rise of hepatitis amongst heroin users. Although many will not utilize this method of safety, some will. However,it will not decrease the use of heroin but promote it in my opinion.
  2. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

It is sad to see our youths go down with substances like heroin. I have thought it through over and over again on what could discourage the use but when you consider those dying from overdose, it does not seem to affect those still taking.

I guess only a miracle can save our youths from substances.
  3. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

Yeah, this is so incredibly sad. The other day I had to go pick up my mail from the post box at the local post office, and I saw several needles lying on the ground. There are many unemployed youths and homeless people in the vicinity and many of them are surely dependent on drugs. I don't know if they're all doing heroin, but there's definitely a serious drug issue occurring with these folks.