An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hi everyone.

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by DatGiz, Mar 4, 2015.

1. DatGiz

DatGiz Member

My name is Miles, I'm 18 years old, and I've struggled a lot recently with LSD. I was unfortunately sexually assaulted a couple of months ago, and I've found that it helps me cope. A couple of years back I hung around the wrong kinds of people which lead me to an unfortunate coke addiction, that I've thankfully put behind me. I love the way it feels, but I hate almost everything about it. It takes all of my money, my ability to do what I want, and most of my (sane) friends. I hope to contribute to the forums, and I'm looking forward to talking to you all.
    All the best, Miles.
  2. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Congratulations for managing to stay on the right path! At least at your young age you already realize that drugs will only destroy your life, unlike the majority of other users who still use it despite of the negative effects that it manifested on their lives. For sure your story will inspire other users to make a positive change in their lives.
  3. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Welcome Miles. I look forward to benefiting from your contribution to the forum. I am just a mother figure, friend, aunt and so many other things to persons who have been affected by drugs. Thanks for your honesty and I am sure you can positively impact on the lives of some who might be still struggling with addiction and the associated problems.

I look forward to hearing from you again.
  4. Congratulations on starting to get out of the world of drug abuse, I hope your recovery continues to be good to you!
  5. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Hello Miles! You're too young to bear this burden. Please don't lose sight of who you are. Always remember that you are not your addiction and a person like you has a lot more to offer. Society needs you and, though they may feel bad about what you went through, I'm sure your family and friends need you too. Now that you have recovered, I hope you would be able to inspire other teenagers to walk the same path and set their sights on recovery.
  6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Hi there, Miles! Are you now on your way to recovery? If that's the case, I'm glad to hear that. I would be looking forward to your inspiring stories on this forum. Have a great life!
  7. TommyVercetti

TommyVercetti Community Champion

Welcome. You've come to the right place; this forum is filled with people who share the same problems and are dedicated to help make things better for all of us. I hope you visit us frequently, especially during the times when you think you'll go back to using.
  8. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

Hey, Miles, you've found exactly the place where you can share your throes. It looks like you've been through a rough patch. Don't worry. In time, you'll start to feel better. All that's needed from you is perseverance and awareness of your problems. Since you've already acquired the latter, it just takes the former in order to get back on the right track. I'm keeping my finger crossed for you.