An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hi everyone....

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Sarah15, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Sarah15

Sarah15 Member

After a few years of continue and unbroken sobriety, I fell off the wagon 6 months ago and went through hell again....But, 3 weeks sober as of today, and determined to put it all behind me.

Looking forward to meeting you all along the way.
  2. stariie

stariie Community Champion

Hi:). You'll meet lots of nice, well-informed, compassionate people here.

It's okay to fall (although no one likes to), it's the getting up that matters. Just have to take things one day at a time, that's what everybody does. It can get rough, but we can do it.

Congrats on your being sober for 3 weeks:D.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Hello @Sarah15! :)

Welcome to the forum! Wow, congratulations! It's great to hear that you've now been sober for 3 weeks. Way to go! Just continue your journey through the path of recovery. Best of luck! ;)
  4. tckc

tckc Member

Hi Sarah! Good for you for coming back, that can be so difficult. How did you find the courage to come back? Would you share what you learned from your relapse?
  5. bluedressed

bluedressed Community Champion

Hard to fall but, like stariee says, the important thing is not to stay down, to just get up. And you did, so welcome back! I hope this community will anchor you and give you a place of free speech and support!
  6. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of good people on here to talk to.
  7. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo! Community Champion

Welcome! Great news @Sarah15 for being sober for 3 weeks. You have taken a brave, smart and right decision. We, in this community support you and care for you in your journey to healing and recovery. You are very important to us, you must think of yourself valuable in this world, as well, in this community to be able to help our dear friends who are also struggling.
  8. xSentaru

xSentaru Active Contributor

Hey there, @Sarah15. Welcome to the community! I'm actually very glad you overcome your problems and that you're better now! I'm also trying to quit smoking and reducing the amounts of drinks I have everyday. I too hope one day to be free of all this!

Hope you'll enjoy your time here!
  9. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

Welcome here Sarah15, it's nice to have you. Succumbing to our cravings is quite normal, we are only human! The hard part is fighting off this cravings and trying to live a sober lifestyle. Am optimistic that you'll find relevant info and advice on this platform and that your life will change for the better. Welcome once again.
  10. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Well, you may have relapsed, but look at you! You are a fighter and you overcame your weakness. Keep doing what you do and don't give in to temptation, because you know that it will do you no good.
  11. gracer

gracer Community Champion

Hi there @Sarah15! :) 3 weeks of being sober is a fresh start and I commend you for that. We do fall so many times in our lives but the important thing is our willingness to stand up and keep going. Never lose that strength and you'll reach your goal of staying sober for life. Best of luck to you! :)
  12. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

Hello, Sarah! Don't lose hope if you happened to relapse at some point in your life. We all screw up eventually. It's all about determination and persistence in achieving your goals. And you seem like the kind of person who doesn't give up easily. Don't worry, you'll breeze through that rough patch in no time. Soon, you'll feel better than you could have ever imagined. Just stay strong.
  13. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Hiya! That wagon ride sure is bumpy isn't it! All you can really do is get straight back on it and continue on your journey towards sobriety. How are you feeling after 3 weeks then? That's good going and I know you can keep it up!
  14. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Hey there Sarah. They say it's not how many times you fall, it's how many times you can get up. Welcome to this wonderful community where you will find nothing but encouragement and support. Some know first hand what it's like to stumble and fall and sure enough they also know what's it's like to get up. Know that here you are never alone. Three weeks and counting......
  15. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

Welcome to the forum Sarah15.
  16. pineywood

pineywood Community Champion

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to future discussion with you!
    I have really enjoyed myself here and I know you will, too! Everyone is very friendly and supportive!