An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Hi I am new here!

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by butterfly333, Apr 17, 2020.

1. butterfly333

butterfly333 Member

Hello, my name is Shelby. I am almost 90 days sober from alcohol. I was a binge drinker, would be a good girl for a couple of weeks, then go on a 4-5 day binge. Lost jobs, friends, money, opportunities, self respect and burnt a lot of bridges. January 27th, 2020 I decided to turn my life around. I've been on this recovery journey now for almost 3 months and wanted to find a forum in which I could have some support, and talk to other people that UNDERSTAND. Sometimes struggling with addiction can be a lonely place.

Still having lots of dreams and thoughts of missing alcohol. It sucks but I am going to stay committed.

Thanks for reading <3
  2. True concern

True concern Moderator

Congrats on the 90 days,I am super proud of you keep up the amazing work
  3. butterfly333

butterfly333 Member

Can you please help me delete my account?
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

The only way I can do it is to ban you from the site Is that what you want?
  5. Your friend

Your friend Member

6. Your friend

Your friend Member

So glad for your decision to stay committed to sobriety. You arent alone. You have all of these listeners and me. Keep the right people around you. People that have your best intetest. Another small thing, when the urge seems overwhelming, grab something sweet,(unless you are diabetic) and write us for support. These listeners have gone through similar if not exact experiences. God bless. Will keep you in my prayers. Now 8 years sober. You will be too!!!
    True concern likes this.